The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob Kohlers Ultimate 3 fly » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I too perform the standard three fly because it is so much fun to do. However, I also perform U3F; in fact I ordered a second set because I see myself doing this effect for the rest of my life and I want to make sure that I'll always have a set available.

As a side note: I have a friend who had his car broken into and his entire close up act was stolen including his U3F and a nice set of cups. I figure that it's a good idea to have a duplicate of anything that you REALLY like, such as U3F.

Both the standard three fly and U3F are very strong routines. However, with U3F you clearly have three coins! I don't care how much you THINK that intelligent spectators don't suspect a fourth coin with a three fly routine. They do!! Of course there are ways around this problem; but U3F is the routine that best allows you to clearly show ONLY three coins.
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Mars,
How do you "know" - "intelligent" spectators suspect a fourth coin? That is a very bold statement indeed.

I can do a normal 3fly routine and show three coins before, during and after using regular coins. I don't perform it though, why run when you aren't being chased.

If you are experiencing the problem of spectators suspecting a fourth coin, the problem may not be one of technique or even method.

What I am saying is, guilt will give you away before method or technique does. You may be subconciously revealing the fourth coin.

Just my opinion of course.
Jason
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
There are always those spectators who feel like they know it all and feel like they have to explain to their friends how it is done. I think that these people will say that you used an extra coin even if you performed the routine flawlessly. It's nice to know methods where you can prove to these people that their explaination is wrong.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Has anyone done Ultimate 3 Fly and another version for Laymen? Was there any difference in their reactions (seperate groups of course) That's the real test. I'd be curious to hear a discussion on that.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Hopefully my set will be here this week. After I have got plenty of practice with it, then I will try and see if the spectators notice a difference. I am confident that they will like Kohler's routine much better.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Michael,
how long does it take Kohler to deliver the set once ordered?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I ordered about 2 months ago and he tells me that my set should be here soon. I know that Todd Lassen is going away soon, so that may delay any orders placed now. You should contact Bob Kohler. Before I ordered, he told me that it usually takes 2 months and that is exactly how long it has taken. I hope that it is still on track to be here this week.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2003-04-27 17:25, MagicChris wrote:
Has anyone done Ultimate 3 Fly and another version for Laymen? Was there any difference in their reactions (seperate groups of course) That's the real test. I'd be curious to hear a discussion on that.

Chris

I rarely lead off with U3F. Sometimes I don't even bring it out. Though if you do get someone who thinks they are "on" to you, that is the perfect time to bring out the coins.

I haven't done an ungaffed version followed by U3F before, but I have done a closed hands coins across (Roth's shell coins but using Morgan Dollars) ending in the spectator's hand. One of the guys that I was performing for said that he purposely watched my "other" hand and he thinks somehow I would get an extra coin in it, but he doesn't know how. He said the ending to the spectator's hand completely threw him.

Since I knew this guy was purposely trying to "catch" me, immediately after the coins across routine, I got rid of one of the 4 coins I was using (really ditching two and retrieving the U3F gaff). I told the guy, I'll tell you what, since you want to try to follow my other hand, this time I won't even close my hands, so you can ACTUALLY see the coins going, feel free to stare at any hand, it doesn't matter. Then I commenced with the U3F routine, again stopping to show him only 3 coins and otherwise empty hands all the time. At the end of that routine, he conceded, "Okay I have no clue - you just lead along and get better and better as you go!"

For me at least, that's my best use of U3F to magically smack around someone who is hot on your tail, it always shakes 'em.

The clean shows throughout the routine are what makes U3F the best, better than using an extra coin. People say don't run when you are not being chased, I agree. U3F is when you ARE being chased and you want to run all over your pursuer.
Click to visit:
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Is this routine a worth while investment? Would it be better to use a regular 3 fly or does this one look way better. I have no clue about this effect and it would take me Sooo long to start through all the posts to find out the information I wanted. Thanks for any help.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Andrew,

If you want to do the thing and like your routines ready made and tested to maximize audience response and designed to minimize performer fuss and are okay with using silver dollars.

Then U3Fly is good for you.

-Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Thank you very much. Mr. Townsend (I think I am saying the right name...) I appreciate the advice. I am going to get this. The only question I have left is... Do they make this with other coins besides silver dollars?

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
OK, so how good is U3F? Well, let me tell you doubters that it is powerful and will convince you that real magic is almost possible. I once showed the gaffs to a magical enthusiast, member of the Magic Castle. We were discussing coin gimmicks and I thought I'd show him the unique U3F gimmick. Of course, he ask me what I could do with the gimmick so I proceeded to do the routine. Even after seeing the gaffs, I could tell he had been fooled by the bewildered look on his face on finishing the routine. Smile
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Now that I know my set is close to being here, time is passing even slower. Does anyone know how many sets are going to be sold? I know originally only 300 sets were going to be made, but I'm sure that number has gone up. Hopefully it hasn't gone up too high.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Micheal
When U3F first was released back in 2000, I believe, the rumors were that only 200 to 300 sets were going to be released to keep it "exclusive". Well it's now mid 2003 and anyone can still order it. I believe Bob changed his mind about limits on this effect, perhaps because he probably didn't expect it to be such a hit and all by word of mouth from happy owners. He probably hates to disappoint many who are wanting it and who's to turn down the profit that is well deserved from years of laboring to perfect the effect to his satisfaction.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I just hope that it doesn't become too well known.
mathieu
View Profile
New user
San Jose
14 Posts

Profile of mathieu
Well it's already too late. The fact that this topic has become a classic of this forum is proof. And I personally don't want to know how many persons own this effect Smile I don't want to be scared.
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
yay! I'm with Micheal Leath here! I'm supposed to get mine this week too, can't wait.

MY precious....

we wants it!

Tony
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Bob e-mailed me and said that if I place my order now, it would be about a 3 week wait, if I didn't get in on this next batch being made it would be more like 6 weeks. I will probably have to wait until the next run (money problems!) however, if anyone else wants these awesome coins, now is the time to order to avoid a long wait!

For those who have this, is the gimmick durable? Will it last many, many years?
I have heard some people say they will buy more than one in case they stop making it.
Is this neccessary?
Thanks!
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
We would all love to contemplate having that great piece of magic that only a few own; for that, try Richard Gerlitz. Although, the $315 price tag on U3F should help, at least, the price should limit U3F to only those who will appreciate and respect their investment.

I own several Lassen gaffs and I believe U3F is Todd's true masterpiece that is so well made, it should last more than a lifetime. I have said before that I have owned my set for over 1 1/2 year and it is still in great shape. I have accidentally dropped the gaff numerous times and probably misused it when I first started learning the routine. A true testament to Todd's workmanship. However, I do admit I have a back up set as well as a "unique" set that I promise Todd not to talk about...sorry.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just placed my order! In the web site, it says that they will send an e-mail confirming the order and approx. shipping time. I recieved an e-mail that just showed how much the total price was, nothing confirming anything else. Hope this is normal? Anyway, I cant wait to start practicing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob Kohlers Ultimate 3 fly » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL