The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Is this legal?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Montana Santa
View Profile
New user
Montana
15 Posts

Profile of Montana Santa
I thought I'd copy some bills of the treasury internet site to rearrange as Santa money for my routines... guess who showed up at my door. Got a lecture pretty much what you've discussed here, change the size or make it an obvious phoney.
Mine has my photo instead of whoever on them.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
This could be hilarious. Not only is the bill mismade, but it has Hillary Clinton's face on it (or yours). There could be a lesson such as, don't mess with the US Treasury or something similar.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I was recently trying to make some mini bills for a miniature wallet and went to one of the large, chain copy centers to do it. The full color machine they used somehow recognized the bill I was trying to copy as currency and wouldn't copy it. I think your biggest hurdle isn't convincing the person behind the counter to do it - especially if you can prove you're a magician first - but getting the dumb machine to work!
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Mach
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Mach
Is this illegal in UK ? Im considering photocopying a note to save cutting one up for Nightshades by Paul Harris ?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
A lot of machines will not let you photocopy money. Someone gave me a good link for play money.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/mo......llar.pdf

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
There are some collectors of money bills who show their collections on their websites... The resolution of the scans is good enough for magic but not good enough for counterfeits. Download the jpg´s and make your own stage money. Antique bills and foreign currency can offer new possibilities for a magic act.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 02:18, jocdoc wrote:
You can purchase sheets of $1 bills directly from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. Here is the link: http://www.moneyfactory.gov/store/section.cfm/69/83

Be sure to use a straight edge whilst cutting the bills. You can buy a sheet of 32 bills and cut them down. $55 for the sheet and this will yield 12 mismade bills. Brings your cost to under $5 per mismade bill. You can sell the extra bills to your magician friends and cover your costs!

I was actually able to get 18 usable mismade bills from one sheet. I took the sheet to a Kinko's and asked the manager if I could use their roller cutter. I think it depends on the manager at your local Kinko's, but she let me do the cuts for no charge. To show her my gratitude, when I was finished I turned a one into a mismade one, and left it with her. A cheap way to leave a lasting impression!
Sammy J. Teague
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Here is a link to a website with scans of money bills: http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/default.htm

Especially the antique bills are very fascinating...storytelling magicians and the lovers of bizarre magick will surely put them to good use...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Is this legal?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL