The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Promo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
On 2008-12-15 12:42, KingJeux wrote:
And WolfChild

Cute.

Quote:
I don't understand what people have got to prove?

It's not that I want to prove something. It's just that if I try to supress it, I might die.

I know there's no way I can persuade any of the apes around here to change their minds. The only person I've never seen these rabble try to contradict is Rick Maue, and that's because you can't contradict someone who's always right. But for the brief time I'll be here, I might as well liven things up a little bit.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Quote:
I just dislike the idea that the consumer should not be held responsible for anything.

I agree 100% with you on that statement, but unfortunately lawyers feel that companies need to have the common sense that the consumers lack.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Then you probably know as well as I do that the lawyers think that because, why else? It's all about the money, Lebowski!

It drives me into a frothing rage when I see people acting as if their own unwillingness to do an ounce of research or exercise a semblance of logic entitles them to fabulous cash prizes following their hospitalization. And unfortunately, I think that's particularly prevalent in the magic community because let's face it, our art is a magnet for whinging man-children with skewed senses of privilege and entitlement.

I doubt either one of us is going to change the world on this issue. And in my head I know these ramblings of mine are ineffectual. But in the black and twisted pits of my heart, I have to try.
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
I'm not sure how many of you have watched the Warning DVD. For those who have, there is another issue, besides for safety, that parents might be upset with.
As far as safety goes, anytime you play with fire, you run the risk of getting burned. Be carefull. As far as health related risk? I don't know. I live in NJ, and have a machine shop at my work so I'm probably breathing equally dangerous stuff all day. I doubt you could find a doctor that would say performing it is "healthy " for you. There are all sorts of level of risk and I really do not know what level Warning falls into. I've practiced this effect a few time and have felt no adverse effects. I'm sure if I did I would stop. The same could be said for several effect on the market. One involving your eyes comes to mind.
I suppose the best thing to do is to try to learn as much about an effect before you make the purchase as possible not just for health issues but just as a general rule. I admit coming from one of the first 50 purchasers of Tagged, that last sentence might seem wrong. Fron everything I heard about it, I was willing to take the risk.
John Kardel
John Kardel
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Also WolfGod. I don't think that if parent let's his son/daughter (12 years old)buy flashpaper, means that they're not good at parenting. Depends on if they use supervision and in wich fromat the flashpaper is used. ofcourse it's not a good idea to let 12 buy it/use it. But it doesn't mean the parent is not good at parenting.
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 11:05, Ben Lejmi wrote:
ofcourse it's not a good idea to let 12 buy it/use it.

That was the point.
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Some people always have something to complain about it, even when Ellusionist is doing a cool promotion like GIVING AWAY FOR FREE a highly sought-after DVD for free when copies are sold on eBay for $100+. Pretty soon, they won't do any promotions at all.

Happy Holidays
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
And those copies wouldn't be selling for that much if they hadn't pulled it in the first place. You think this is going to stop them from doing promotions? If anything, they'll do it more often!
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Ha. Well, since this hype is surrounding my product release, I'll chime in too...

I think the reason they gave Warning along with Tagged is because subconsciously they were letting you all know that you need to be prepared for the insane reactions from spectators with Tagged. Hence the free Warning. Okay, that was a bit of a stretch, but still... it is what it is.

I agree, do we stop selling card tricks to morons that flick a card into their eye? Stop selling juggling supplies to clumsy people who fall down stairs for chasing objects mid air... There were warnings, 18+, etc. No big deal. Simple effect.

I'm glad some of you didn't care what promotion was going on and were planning and eager to get Tagged. Great purchase and investment. For those who have not experience the real work of mentalism, they are missing out and you are not. Welcome to the smart purchase club;)!

Warning: Do not miss Tagged! That's all I have to say on the promotional Warning side of things
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good evening Mr. Ferguson.

Quite frankly Tagged should have come with a warning. I'm pretty sure that your material will fry the minds of any spectator that comes in contact with it. Thanks for sharing with us.
John Kardel
John Kardel
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Gotta hate on ellusionist somehow, so they whine about Warning.
Seriously though, fire eating is dangerous, WH thread from eyeball is dangerous, tons of things are dangerous. They didn't take it off the market because it was -dangerous- they took it off because it effected their marketing demographic.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Yes.... If you mean their marketing demographic was being effected by the parents of the kids who bought it threatening to sue.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Hence the disclaimer on their site for use of 18 up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Promo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL