The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » This is my confession (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Let me jump in too. I read this a while back but didn't respond. Still in the learning process of magic and far from being a professional, if you were in her shoes and she was in yours, you would have appreciated the help of her not ruining the trick and "helping" you along. At this stage in magic we all could use a little help-even if it's someone going along with the trick even though they know it. It's hard enough performing for people nowadays and you learn in magic that it's something you just don't do. My uncle had party last year and had an awsome close up magician there. One of the tricks he did was the Kennedy Mystery Box and my ficnce just looked at me and we smiled at each other and clapped when the trick ended. I could have been a jerk and screamed "I have that trick!!" and have everybody come up to me looking for the secret....you just don't do those type of things. Especially if you are a magician yourself. I hope something like that doesn't happen to anybody.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Takes a big person to admit they were wrong, and as I'm sure you have guessed by the replies you have gotten, yes, you were wrong, very wrong. Magic isn't about magicians, and it certainly isn't about fooling magicians. If we don't have each other's respect, we have nothing. It isn't even so much that you ruined her act, which you did, but you damaged her audiences perspective of magic and her. We don't keep the secrets so we can be cool, or impressive, we keep the secrets so the audience, who doesn't really know any better, can enjoy them. That is what magic is all about, the audience. Every decision a magician ever makes should be based on the audience, and the effect the decision will have on them. Always ask yourself, "What will the audience gain or lose from what I'm about to decide." Do that and you can't go far wrong. As a magician, always avoid being the audience participant. If being the audience participant is not practically avoidable (and you shouldn't deny the entertainer if called upon directly, that's even worse) try to behave as a non magician. Try not to do anything which distracts from the entertainer's performance. Act like you know you are expected to act. Don't ever ham. You don't have to be lifeless, but fight the urge to be the star. Act as natural as you are able to.
TONY L10
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of TONY L10
Well one day somebody will do that to you, if you ever reach that stage and then you will know how it feels to have your act screwed by an ***, and believe me you deserve it. Give up magic your are not a magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » This is my confession (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL