The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » New To Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Hello all,

I am looking for the perfect "Starter" routine for learning manipulation. Any hints as to learning this magical technique is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've always wanted to be a dancing pepper Smile
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Go for Jeff McBride tapes...

1)The Art of Card Manipulation.

2)The World Class Manipulation act.

These tapes are great, more than enough to learn for amateur/beginner.

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I have to agree with Symmatrix. I have all the tapes and they are great. Then spending time with Jeff was also awesome. Everything I do in manipulation I learned from Jeff either by tape or in person. Smile
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Jeff McBride inspired a few "IMPOSSIBLE" card productions that I've mastered. I initially had nothing but books as he did and stated in Vol.3.

To see the work in action sparked a huge fire! Jeff McBride is the way to go! Huge fella when it comes to manipulation.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
If you find the McBride series too expensive I saw someone else in another topic recommend 'Routined Manipulation' by Lewis Ganson. A few other books that you may find interesting (that are mentioned on the McBride series— I take it that's where he learnt them) are: Card Fan Productions (Ed Marlo), Exhibition Card Fans (I have this book and it is great but the author has slipped my mind) and Cards as Weapons (Ricky Jay - of course only if you can afford it).

For thimble work there is a book called 'Digital Effects' by Steve Beam known as the Encyclopedia of Thimble Magic.

Just a few suggestions, although I would prioritise the McBride videos.
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Yeah the McBride videos give very detailed explanations on the manipulation moves. I strongly recommend it. Jeff not only shows you the technical aspects of the moves but also gives insight on how to present them, which is very important in card manipulations. Otherwise you will just look like a fool pulling cards out of the back of your hand. Have fun practising, you will find it very rewarding. Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Hey, Scot, that was me recommending Lewis Ganson's books. That's what I learned from when I was a kid so I have a soft spot for them.
Take care,
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » New To Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL