The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Scarlett, the female magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AnthonytheMagic
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of AnthonytheMagic
Has anyone ever seen Scarlett perform? She won some award in Vegas? What are some of your thoughts?
Thanks,
Anthony
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've heard from a well-known magician, who splits his time in Vegas and on the East Coast, that she's horrible. The award was the Merlin Award. Murray Sawchuck has gone on the record saying that these awards are a sham and nothing more than a publicity stunt.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
So, you are saying that my Merlin Award is a sham. LOL!
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Hmmm... Just watched her promo video on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0vdOTb5fdM

Her version of that little glass cube/HUGE awkward double-screen Metamorphosis that Hans Klok did on the WMA was pretty slow.

That being said, she didn't appear to be that bad - but I've never been to a show.

Here is a list of recipients - they look pretty legit to me:
http://www.magicims.com/merlin_award_recipients.php

That also being said, she admits she's only been in magic (started as an assistant) for three years in an interview with the above mentioned Murray.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTJKhzhkP0w

So, never having seen her perform and not knowing much about the IMS or the Merlin Award, I'm gonna guess the first reason she got the gig was because she's female, and second because of her talent. But, I doubt she was horrible. If she was, I don't think she'd be on the strip. Not everyone is Lance Burton. She's probably just as good as Steve Wyrick, haha.

Who is the well-known magician, Pepka? One who wants a Vegas show? hahahaa.
Mike
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Funny you say Steve Wyrick. Both Scarlett and Steve perform at Planet Hollywood. Steve has a pretty sweet outside look to his theatre.

Scalett performs at the V Theatre down the walkway from Steve.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Is she a real princess?!?!?!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Looking at her promo on YouTube, she seems entertaining enough. I think magicians become jaded watching other magicians. If the audience likes the show, then it's money in the bank. If you suck and no one wants to see your show, then you won't have one, at least not for long. I try to look at magic thru the eyes of a child. It is because of this that I have seen few magicians that I did not enjoy. I guess I'm a pushover for magic... and redheads!
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Merlin Award - Sham

Scarlett - While not Lance Burton or David Copperfield, she does quite well. I enjoyed watching her and thought she was entertaining.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Does four wall or renting the room ring a bell? That is what her boyfriend manager is doing for her..... They are renting the room from David Saxe.... The best way to become a Millionaire in Magic in Vegas is to start off as a Billionaire............ Good luck to her and her show.

I'm just stating the facts of this business deal. No hard feelings, and I really do wish her luck.

PS- It looks like she has some nice gear.

TR
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
TaylorReed, you and your inside info.

Shows how ignorant I am... didn't realize you could just rent out a theater in Vegas... Guess you guys can come see my show out there next year. It'll be huge. Ambitious Card, Chair Suspension, and 20th Century Silks with a kicker ending. Ah, it's not really a kicker, it's just the regular ending.

haha... From the promo, I'd probably go see her show. The fact she's an attractive woman is probably what would lure me. Unless my wife came to Vegas with me, then it is Mac King all the way.
Mike
Jethro Magic
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jethro Magic
I saw Scarlett at the Magic Castle & World's Greatest Magic Show.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Byudad, I've always felt that it was a sham. It's given by the IMS, whose sole purpose is really selling videos. They have no publication, convention, meetings etc. The award is just given out at random times, and several times during the year. I was just quoting Murray, a previous winner and someone I would say is qualified to make such a statement.

Magicelam, I'm not comfortable mentioning the name as it was a private conversation, and he did say that she's a sweet girl, but it's just not a good act. No, he's not looking for a show, he's retired.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Pepka, that's cool. I'm sure it was someone who knows what they're talking about, no doubt.

That sucks that the award is a sham. I've seen Terry Evanswood's show 5 or 6 times, and he plays a video of him receiving the award and everything.

Ah, well.
Mike
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We were at the taping of two evenings of Masters of Illusion. We saw Scarlett perform several pieces. One of them was Windshear. She did a wonderful job presenting it. Her choreography was both unique and very well done.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
Saw the show back in August...along with the 17 other people in the audience. Some of her larger pieces (Windshear, Compressed) are done well--But it doesn't justify the other 45 minutes of crap that surround the larger pieces...(i.e. the prediction of a selected card)--She writes a prediction on a chalkboard, uses the most convoluted of methods to force a card (she almost botched it)...which ta-da, matches her prediction. I think I actually saw some sage-brush drift across the stage after the revelation. I'm sorry, but to charge what she is charging (yeah, she's got to pay the rent) for an afternoon show and perform for--less than an hour--is pretty sad.

Keith Jozsef
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Scarlett, the female magician? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL