The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..32~33~34 [Next]
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Can they only look under your feet when you have a ledge or stairs behind you?
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
Peter,
good to hear that you are well again!
WALTHER
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Kune
Sorry to hear about the sickness Peter, but good to hear you're starting to get better and I hope you make a full recovery soon!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Peter/Ray: How does the balance compare to Elevator? I seen you mention the balance is good, but can you compare please? Thanks Smile

Paul
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Hello Peter,
Will Ray's additional ideas be in written form with 'ONE'
Cheers
Tjd
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Peter,
Hope you are feeling beter! Looking forward to ONE when it arrives, it truly looks like a killer. Best to you and yours in the new year and keep that magic mind of yours running, you are quite gifted my friend!
Tony Chapparo
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2009-01-06 10:00, The Mac wrote:
Pretty much! We saw a hop up. Lets see a smooth rise and descent.

Amen.
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2989 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
You've got to feel for Peter - every time he gets back to this thread there are 10 more questions waiting for him. The only big remaining question in my mind is whether you can slow down the rise, hover for awhile, and then smoothly descend (unlike in the video). Since this question has been asked several times already, I'd guess that the lack of response means that you can't.

However, it's not a lot of money for the levitation - the effect, IMO, looks well worth the asking price. I'm buying it, but am not qualified to post a meaningful review, since it will be my first self levitation. Anyone else?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey guys, first off thanks to everyone for the get well wishes! It means a lot to me!

Maxfieldsmagic - The speed of the rise and descent as well as the length of time you are in the air is completely up to the sole descresion of the the actual performer. For me, in a real life performance I think a short and sweet levitation is most effective. Just as they are completely wowed and baffled the effect is over and leaving them wanting more and I always get reactions like "NO WAY" and "C'mon man you have to do that again!" and things of that nature, and you will too! When I first showed lyndsy this, and she said, "WOW Now that looks real!" I knew I had finally found what I was looking for.

And yes Maxfieldsmagic there is a lot of questions, but a note to everyone else, please keep in mind that this illusion like any illusion is designed to fool laymen over magicians first and foremost. I know the reactions I have received from both have been great, but for me as a performer I am always more concerned with the reactions I get from a laymen over a magician. I don't really perform for magicians except for in Demo videos or the odd convention. However the demo is not ment to fool magicians from a technical stand point, instead this demo is what it is, a demonstration of a product that I know will fool your lay audeinces, infact it will baffle them and it is finally a very practical way performing something we have always as magicians wanted to do without all the hassle. This levitation has solved so many of the pesky issues associated with other levs including our own, and it is finally something that is easy to do, very convicing in effect, simple and comes without a lot of the major problems that other levs had! If you like this type of magic effect, then I know you will love this system espicially if you have owned other self levitations in the past.

Eric-You can perform this pretty much anywhere you want, a stair or ledge has nothing to do with the effect at all. The very first shot on our demo shows me levitating over a gravel walkway Infact this question is addressed in the Q&A-"Do I need a step or ledge to levitate?"
Answer-"No you don’t, and you can levitate practically anywhere any time, and on almost any surface, including gravel, pavement, carpet, laminate flooring, and many others surfaces."

Piz-again we address your question regarding balance in the Q&A, without completely exposing the method here I can tell you it is far easier to perform than Elevator or On Thin Air.

Anyway, Im back to work.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
^ Thanks Peter! My Orders in! Smile
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
I fall in the pool of levitation lovers. The balducci used to (long time) my favorite but as we all know how badly exposure affects our favorite effects. I got elevator 1 when it first came out and did not like. Criss Angel's, zero gravity, king's, and skywalker have also displeased me for one reason or another. I took the plunge and pre-ordered. Hopefully this will be THE ONE that I am satisfied with.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
^ There's not one levi that displeased me in one way or another, not sure if that's not possible considering they all have there ups and downs.

Icarus I love, I just ran into to many who know about Criss Angel and I have heard talk from laymen about your feet doing the work, etc, to much exposure for me to probably ever perform again. The pant-leg thing I never really got looking as good as I wanted. I have used Icarus at payed gigs, in a much paranoid state that is.

FLY levi I love, but I also love using my Electric Touch at my gigs, which requires me to change up shoes, which I do not care for. Also, as with any levi, you come across those who want to see under your feet, or think you where standing on your heals. I don't get many of these, but they are expected as hecklers are everywhere these days. With that said FLY remains at the top of the heep.

Skywalker, Kings rising, Criss angel, never used any of them even though I bought em. That's the risk you take with these livi's. I know some who absolutely love these levi's, but for the paid performer, as far as I'm comfortable with none of these seem to suit me.

I am looking forward to ONE, it looks like a practical levi that solves some issue I am having with the levi's I currently own.

Paul
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
I really like the way criss angel's looks. I was/am frustrated that he doesn't do much about exposure. As Piz stated earlier, much props to Peter and Aaron for fighting for their product as far as exposure is concerned. It sucks that all you have to do is type "levitation" in youtube and criss's levitation is revealed. Sinful is the same - it seems clear that he just releases these much wanted effects for purely profit.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^I honestly feel terrible for Aaron that Angel and his cronies had to release an effect that they where not going to keep an eye on, or care less about for that matter. It's not hard to contact YouTube, there's a "FLAG" option right there! IMO someone who has watched the Angel levi Exposed could possibly forget which way they remember seeing it exposed (It's not hard to forget, the Exposed part is what you remember), this led me to never want to perform a levi which I payed over $400 for, which makes me incredibly angry.

This 58 year old Indian gentleman I was training at my work not to long ago asked if I could levitate, I told him of-course, and he replied with "Yea, my son has one where *********" and he went on explaining the Exposed Method. This put the final nail in the coffin for me ever wanting to perform that method again.

I am extremely thankful for artist like Peter & Ray, I know they will protect there product (S) , and indeed we will all be here to help as-well.

I was a tad bit concerned by the low price of ONE at first, I would honestly prefer to pay more just to know the method is safe (Safer), but after some thinking I am comfortable with it, as there are other levi's out there that cost much less that the Exposers will/can get there hands on first.

Really excited about this ONE Smile

Paul
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Kune
I agree with Piz - I've never preordered any magic items before, but I'm extremely tempted, not just because the video looks great, but because it's from Peter, which indicates a lot of good things (namely the effect shouldn't be exposed, the customer service is great, and most importantly the effect should actually work well, unlike many other magic products on the market).

I really look forward to Ray's video Smile
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Say I performed and did ONE at a party outside a house and I have to remove my shoes before entering the house...would it be easy to detach ONE from the shoe? Just in case someone snooped around my shoes Smile

Oh yes I already know the device is transferable from shoe to shoe but I would like to know if I can quickly remove it so my shoe can be left unattended if at someone's house and no one will find anything suspicious?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi zoneinfinite, the shoes do not contain the actual levitation device, they are more or less adjusted to the device, and become apart of the entire levitation system. Your shoes will look, feel, and wear normal in everyway after you make the neccessary adjustments. You should have no worries about people snooping in your shoes and finding things. Although, Im not sure I would want to attend a party where there are shoe snoopers...just kidding I couldn't resist.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Hahahah cool that's good to know...thanx Pete! Putting my order in asap...
Scattered Dream
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Scattered Dream
If "the shoes do not contain the actual levitation device" can it be done barefeet? Something primitive about levitating without shoes.

Also for those who have given up on the Balducci you should try it in unison with the elevator's. Probably the highest levitation you can accomplish withtout floating onto a ledge and The height destroys the exposed secret.

Best,

Joe
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Just Purchased! I numbed my expectations, but that's a good thing, as I have never purchased any of Peters Effects before.

Looking Forward TO "THE ONE"!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL