The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..32~33~34 [Next]
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
Mentalguy: Good point and that has me worried too, especially since if I need mine fixed, it won't be cheap to send it half way around the world and then back again, among other problems.

Out of interest Holly and Piz, if you were sent a replacement of the fragile part, how hard do you think it would be for a normal person to swap it?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Mentalguy: OK, the workings of this thing, and the devise it-self are very durable! It's how you decide put this together which makes this fragile. It's hard to explain without exposure. Mine had a little itty-bitty crack from the beginning (From a blank being blanked, which is natural and normal for wood), and it is still the same crack, that IS not getting any better, but it is also not getting any worse.

I do feel Peter and Ray need to use a different material. As I stated, it's in there hands.

No worries, I am sure they are working on this as we speak.

No worries guys

Paul
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
First I want to say that when I said why I thought mine broke, I was only speculating as to why it broke. Yes, it has a fragile piece in it but I don’t actually know the reason it broke in my particular case. I was speculating.

Quote:
On 2009-01-25 12:34, mentalguy wrote:
But, based on the testimonials thus far, people are praising the product for what it could be and not what it is.

I think that’s a fair assessment but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with praising what it could be and pointing out its flaws. I was just trying to be as informative as I could. It wouldn’t be anymore fair for me to leave out the good things about this effect than it would for me to leave out the bad. I was only trying to give fair and balanced information.

Quote:
On 2009-01-25 12:48, Kune wrote:
Out of interest Holly and Piz, if you were sent a replacement of the fragile part, how hard do you think it would be for a normal person to swap it?

I don’t know much about this type of stuff. I showed the device to my husband (after making sure he wasn’t going to kill me for buying it) and he thinks there are ways to improve it. He said he could build one himself if he had time. According to him, all the parts are available. You would need certain tools, which he has, and a lot of other men have in their garages. But he also said, although it wasn’t a great deal of money in materials, given the work involved, he didn’t think the product was overpriced.

Again, that’s all speculation but my husband is the smartest guy on Earth so it’s probably true. Smile

To Piz; you did a terrific job.

Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Holly: I thank you for your honesty, and I also thank you for your "Terrific Job" to me, I much appreciate it! Smile

I do think you go to far, as mentioning that your husband can make this and so on. You need to remember, magic is a thing of art, and it is something that for some is most prized. As far as making devises and such at a price , that is not something that should not be oralitalizied on these forums. I am simply expressing my feelings here, as I am sure many feel the same. Other then my Hotel Job, I make my living doing shows, the meaning behind the effects that I perform and the effort put into them, is the art involved, and should not be explained in any way. Please do not take this personal, as I am simply expressing my feelings here.

Thanks Holly! Smile And thanks for the GREAT comment! Smile Much Appreciated!

Paul
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 14:38, Piz wrote:
I do think you go to far, as mentioning that your husband can make this and so on. You need to remember, magic is a thing of art, and it is something that for some is most prized. As far as making devises and such at a price , that is not something that should not be oralitalizied on these forums.

Sorry if I overstepped. I was actually trying to alleviate fears. Of course, if anyone has problems with their device, that’s a matter to take up with Peter. I don’t wish to encourage people to repair their own. It would not be as easy as it may seem. It would take some precision work and skill not everyone will possess.

As usual, I tried to smooth things over and made them worse. So I think I’ll just leave the discussion to others. I apologize to Peter or anyone else who may be offended by my comments.

All I can say is I’ve already contacted Peter regarding my issues. I plan to have the device repaired by Peter (and never intended to do otherwise). When the device is repaired I plan to practice to perfection and to use it. Although I think there is room for improvement, I do not regret the investment.

And with that, I’m off.

Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I have a very important question: will walking in snow or water ruin the device? I'm thinking if there is wood on the device and you walk in snow or water, won't it eventually rot the wood?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ No, the device is not on your foot while walking, an nore will the wood be near the floor/ground while levitating.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 14:58, HollyMental wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 14:38, Piz wrote:
I do think you go to far, as mentioning that your husband can make this and so on. You need to remember, magic is a thing of art, and it is something that for some is most prized. As far as making devises and such at a price , that is not something that should not be oralitalizied on these forums.

Sorry if I overstepped. I was actually trying to alleviate fears. Of course, if anyone has problems with their device, that’s a matter to take up with Peter. I don’t wish to encourage people to repair their own. It would not be as easy as it may seem. It would take some precision work and skill not everyone will possess.

As usual, I tried to smooth things over and made them worse. So I think I’ll just leave the discussion to others. I apologize to Peter or anyone else who may be offended by my comments.

All I can say is I’ve already contacted Peter regarding my issues. I plan to have the device repaired by Peter (and never intended to do otherwise). When the device is repaired I plan to practice to perfection and to use it. Although I think there is room for improvement, I do not regret the investment.

And with that, I’m off.

Holly

Your AWESOME Holly! Thanks for understanding! Smile

I agree, fears need to be focused on at this point. I have been trying to clarify concerns about the wood. The wood is only a problem if put together wrong, but this is not the point, this device should be fool proof for any circumstance.

As I stated, I have addressed my concerns to Ray, and he seems to be very understanding and help-full to want to fix Mr.Wood! Smile

Paul
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Piz,

You're my new hero! When I get mine repaired (Peter is sending me the replacement parts) I really looking forward to practicing this. And if I can make mine levi look as good as yours, I'll be a happy levitator! Smile

I just watched it in HD, in full screen, and it was fantastic! I really loved how you could see the shadows under your feet.

Great job indeed!

Brian
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Guys (and Gals)

Given the fragile nature of some of the parts, any issues for "larger magicians" like myself, who tip the scales near 240? (was an issue for E2)

thanks

S
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I'm 190, and Peter said that wouldn't be a problem. But for 240, your best bet is to check with Peter or Ray.

Brian
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
We are expecting Ray Noble's vids today, I believe.

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Piz that looked like real magic. Nice work while at work I take it;)

My wife would most likely leave me if I bought another levitation, so the question is do I want to go solo for one?

Mike
Entertainer
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I showed my wife the video Piz made and she said "WOW, you need to get that!" Thank you Piz! Placing my order asap!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Piz, that looked REALLY good, but "did you just do that" lol. Curious, why did you perform in the door way? I remember wayyy back when I used to do balducci, I performed in a door way, and was accused of "pulling myself up"; never did so again. Im guessing it was to help with the balance issues. You made it look very magical though, two thumbs up. I'm wondering if Peter and Ray decide to upgrade the product, will those of us who bought the 1st gen get discounts or replaceable parts for a fair price. Mine better get to my house tomorrow...
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
Wow. Doorway or no doorway; that looked amazing. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my unit. I think self-levitations just got dramatically improved. Thanks for the awesome video.
--Steve Bosque
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 20:35, mysto59 wrote:
I showed my wife the video Piz made and she said "WOW, you need to get that!" Thank you Piz! Placing my order asap!

Hmmm maybe I should show my wife the same, although I doubt it since she thinks I've bought too much already hehe.. Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I think those of us who bought the 1st generation should get the 2nd generation for free! I'm not kidding. We didn't buy this expecting that it'll have a short lifespan and damage itself within the first day of practicing. If it doesn't last long, it's their fault. That also means that they didn't really use this levitation in the real world very often before deciding to sell it because if they were really using it, they'd know it wasn't solid enough to be sold.
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Have to agree with Patrick here...
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Given that Peter stands behind the quality of his products, I'm sure he'll find somehow to work this out. But yes, I do not think we should have to pay for malfunctioning gimmicks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL