The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..32~33~34 [Next]
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I thnk he was refering to me.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Scattered Dream, shared his Egg routine with me prior to the release of ONE, and I found that it was a great idea for use with the original Elevator as it took care of the bending down move that was needed with the original Elevator. And although this move is not used in ONE, it still is a very different approach to the effect. I think its a very clever idea.

I also agree with both sides of the coin from Patrickgregoire's comments and Mac's comments. It really is an individual prefered way of performing the effect(or any effect for that matter) either way. It all comes down to the individual performer and the end results one wishes to acheive.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
In my opinion: I think the strength of one is that you can see under the feet,why compromise such an amazing facet?The egg thing is a great excuse to bend down(which is required in elevator 1).My One is due to arrive on the 20th.Im so excited.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Let us know what you think Mac?! It's a wonderful levi, I am having a ton of fun with mine Smile

P.S. Everyone remember Alex with the X-Levitation, the levi that ripped-off Peters Elevator and Aaron Paterson's Icarus? Well, he's back and has an effect out at Penguin! Check-it...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1906

I'm not trina bash the kid, I just hope this time around this release is fully original.

Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Well guys, I just received the "Problem Solver" to the wood debacle, and let me just say it is simply brilliant what Peter & Ray have done to enhance the new device!

It actually "Grips" better! Those who own the levi will know what I am talking about. You also will get a higher Levitation from this new working, I measured and it is only 1/8th of an inch difference, but with a levi of this nature it is noticeable. I noticed the height difference from the second I started levitating, I felt higher (I can relate this to when you are a little kid, you mark a line on the wall documenting your height, and when you grow a little more, then stoop down to that line, you notice the difference from your old/new height to the ground).

Big thumbs up to Peter and Ray, these men just perfected this thing! Unless you can really float, I cannot see it getting any better then this (well, Mechanically I can, but that's money and much more research, till then, ONE prevails! Smile).

BEST
Pauly
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Got mine today, a bit of initial disappointment but will give it a fair chance and report with a full review.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I PM'd you Mac...

Be happy brother! This KILLS with the right lighting, etc! Work with it brother! You have seen all the Vid's with seeing under and through to the other side! The potential of this levi is only beyond what you feel your imagination can comprehend! Smile

Simply work on it and appreciate what you are working with...

WORK WITH IT!!!

Pauly
invisible
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of invisible
What do you mean by right lighting? Are there lighting restrictions?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yes somewhat.

I don't know how to state this without exposure but the further away they stand the better.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 18:26, invisible wrote:
What do you mean by right lighting? Are there lighting restrictions?

I would avoid direct sunlight if you are looking for them to see under.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 04:41, The Mac wrote:

[..] the further away they stand the better.

...which is also from a visual point of view (which is what it's all about btw... somehow ok...) best, no?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Um..have them stand on one end of a hallway and you on the other then levitate for a second.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes! Good idea! Smile
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Any more videos of ONE to share? Piz, your's was awesome. Great job getting the spec's reaction afterwards too.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Thanks Semo! Smile

A magician buddy of mine from out of State came into town earlier today, has a club gig out here in Chicago to take care of for the next 3 weeks. He just received his ONE couple days before leaving, we plan on meeting up within the next couple of days, going out and shooting some Video on ONE as he needs some footage of himself performing for promotioanl purposes. Where looking to get some good action to hopefully post on here! Smile

P.S. Through all my testing with ONE levi I have found that without question, the best surface to do this on would be thin rug with a pattern on it, crazier the pattern the better, any color will do, the gimmick is 100% unnoticable from the angle at which the spec will be viewing (Standing or YES, EVEN kneeling), they will be able to see straight through to the other side (Rug in my Vid is a great example of this, I have found better though, black with gray pattern is incredible!).
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Scattered Dream - firstly THANK YOU for your brilliant idea with the egg! Great lateral thinking, and will give me the chance to make The Elevator pay for itself! The egg takes all the heat off, and offers the chance to make the levitation FUNNY. Eggs are funny anyway, as long as they get broken in the end!
Well, this thread has made me re-think the self-levitation. I have the Elevator, and had pretty much decided that it wasn't for me, though it still takes up space in my workshop....
Now, I see that I haven't given Elevator a fair chance, and I'm even tempted by Peter's new version. But I'll wait until I get his Blaster Box first....gee, so many things on the shopping list all of a sudden!
Perhaps for now, I will first "tread on eggshells", with the Elevator, and then follow that up with the Neo-Rise levitation, which I think is very comical. It would be SO cool to end with ONE....we'll see.
Anyone have a video of a live performance?
Potty Smile
Scattered Dream
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Scattered Dream
I'm glad my idea made you rethink the elevator. Smile It's one fine piece of magic
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
Here you go Semo... This is one of the best levi's I have ever seen with my own eyes!

I kinda filmed this for a laugh, but those of you that have watched Piz's one lev video might get a kick out of this... I had to find that door in chicago!.. and I did...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbGUixmwnc
watch it in HD

BTW.. PETER AND RAY... Great JoB!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
That was freaking hilarious Jon in doing it in the exact same location! Great job on performing ONE!

Just a side note to all. I am leaving for Vegas in a couple of days for the Tenyo Elite debut at the World Magic Seminar and so my time on a computer over the next week and a bit will be limited, so you may find that I may not be able to answer as many questions, PMs, or emails during this time, but I will get to them as soon and as fast as I can. Just know that I am not ignoring anyone, and I will answer them eventually.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Jon,
You must have to much time on your hands. LOL

That was cool that you did it in the VERY SAME spot that PIZ did.

Matter of fact, we can REALLY see under your feet!

That was ONE great job! LOL

Glad that you like ONE.

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL