The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Spade
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 20:53, Peter Loughran wrote:
JetPacks? Real Magic? Lol, just kidding.

Acutally Nicholas, I don't hold onto anyting in the standard demo in any of the demonstrations I do. You can have both feet together, but, I think it looks more natural to have your feet apart a few inches. This was never possible before with the Elevator, On thin air, any most of the other street lev methods out there as the gimmick would be spotted. However you can certainly have both feet together if you wish.

Thanks for the short review Justin!

Best,

P.

Peter, your method on this is great, I am still on the fence about getting this.
Seeing as how I don't have to time right now to work on what we spoke about.
I just might pick this up. I really would like to add a self levi to my rep and yours is the best offering I have seen so far.
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-12-05 16:03, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
...but that the levitation itself causes no discomfort

Except to those who are watching it! Another thread was started on this routine so I'll post on here as well...

So my question is this? What is the big hype about all these self levitations anyway? I mean...none of them look very good or convincing. Every self levitation that I've ever seen someone try to box/market/sell all looks exactly the same and that is the performer looks like he is trying to balance on something. It always looks very unnatural and to me just screams as very obvious.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not impressed with One or any other self levitation on the market...not as of yet anyhow.

Yes, there issues with balence with these levi. I have seen some people put in the time and effort to over come these tho. To a lot of magicians and specs self levitation is one of the greats effect to achieve. It's a dream an amazing dream. A true display of magical power. Its like the fountain of youth to a person on there death bed.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
I made my own levitation, and ouch is it painful. Smile
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-19 11:22, magicFreak2 wrote:
I made my own levitation, and ouch is it painful. Smile

Are you sure your not talking about skywalker. hehehe

This should have no discomfort.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quick question guys...can this be done on a stage where a large audience can see under my feet? (assuming I have an appropriate rug or surface underneath)
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Quote:
On 2009-10-07 23:02, bryanlonden wrote:
Quick question guys...can this be done on a stage where a large audience can see under my feet? (assuming I have an appropriate rug or surface underneath)

I would say so, yes. As long as there aren't lights shining directly underneath. This is more of a close-up illusion though imo.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
No its not. Its a shoe with a square hole in it, a square block that goes into the hole. So basically you walk around with a square block under your heel (Ouch, Clack, Click, Ouch is what it sounds like Smile ). When you do the levi, I extend my right arm which pulls on a rope system that runs down my shirt and pants, and in turn pulls up the heel of the shoe leaving me suspended uncomfortably in mid air for about oh, .75 seconds Smile
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
Hey, I'm really interested in buying this effect and have read through all 21 pages of this thread. Before I buy I'd really like to know more about the modifications required for the shoe. I wear expensive boots when I'm performing and am not keen on damaging these, could anyone allude to what kind of mods I'd need to do?

I'm also aware one method requires no modification but I assume if other methods are supplied, then this isn't the best route, does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it as stable, can it be set for a long period of time in this position?

My other concern is having to wear a shirt or jacket. My jacket is tight fitting, though if it's hot I'll perform in an untucked t-shirt.

Any help on these points would be greatly appreciated before I part with my hard earned.
Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Hi if you live in the uk I'll sell you mine for cheaper as I have two ones because my brother didn't like his.
All the best
ps. The ONE levitation doesn't have balancing issues and the modification of the shoe is very small don't worry.

Brooks
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
That's cool, thanks for the offer but Peter has helped me out with all my questions and have ordered direct from him. Can't wait to receive it.
jd999
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of jd999
How much were you looking for Brooks ?
Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Sorry guys
Its sold.
But I still love my ONE!!
Its excellent.
Anyone elses reviews would be nice.
Also for those that have Icarus and ONE, what do you prefer?

Cheers Brothers
Brooks
laotseu
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
1 Post

Profile of laotseu
Hello,
Just order mine today from masterofillusions ... can't wait to receive it.
As soon as possible, I'll post a review & video.
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
446 Posts

Profile of westo
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, going to the UK, I hope the pesky customs guys don't rip me again!! I will also post videos of the effect in different situations (outdoor etc)
can't wait!!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Jimmy Finger's Magellen gets my overall vote. Ease and setup have to factor in or who wouldn't want to float off the Lexus.
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2009-12-15 15:45, Candin wrote:
Jimmy Finger's Magellen gets my overall vote. Ease and setup have to factor in or who wouldn't want to float off the Lexus.

I'm still waiting on my One but have been tempted by Magellen but I find its cost prohibative and am not overly impressed by the videos I've seen. Some effects are under valued by magicians because they know the secret and can't put themselves in the minds of the spectator, while other methods seem to be so clever & impressive to magicians they miss that audiences might either go so what or are so sure they know the secret they fail to be impressed. I think Magellen could fall into the latter, if you could move the cloth away from your leg then you would have something truly fantastic on our hands but as it is I couldn't justify the purchase. If it was nearer $500 then I'd seriously be considering it.

Can't wait for the One to arrive and each day I'm cursing the slow international postal services.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I respect your opinion Havens. Please post your review when One arrives.

Candin
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2009-12-17 23:50, Candin wrote:
I respect your opinion Havens. Please post your review when One arrives.

Candin

I will do, I've a parcel to pick up later today so hopefully it's my One. I'll post some initial reactions and will re-evaluate once I've had an opportunity to perform it in front of a paying audience in the New Year.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Haven. Seems like we all are waiting for some packages. Smile

Candin

Mo Smile
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 04:38, Candin wrote:
Thanks Haven. Seems like we all are waiting for some packages. Smile

No probs, the UK mail service is actually really quick even at Christmas but it seems the the US/CA post is hit hard by any holiday seasons.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL