The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12..16..20..24..28..32~33~34 [Next]
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 02:28, Ustaad wrote:
The Q&A in the ad states:

Quote:
Can I use any pair of shoes I want?

The system is adjustable to almost any kind of shoe or footwear of your choice, and they will still feel, look, and function completely normal in every way.

Is there any initial set up or construction required?

There is about 15 minutes of prep time needed to customize the prop to you specifically, but requires no hardware tools, and is very easy to complete.

After viewing the demo video, ONE looks to be an interesting levitation.

I have a couple of question please.

1. Do I need to attach something to my shoes thus modifying my shoes? If so, is the attachment permanent or temporary? Also will leather sole shoes work?

2. How high can I actually (not apparent) levitate?

Thanks.

Smile

Quote:
On 2008-12-17 20:11, targetintellect wrote:
I am considering a purchase of this effect for trade show use (aisle level - close up). For those that have made the plunge, please advise:

1) Angles. Copy says can be viewed from the sides. More specifically, are we talking 180 degrees? 90? 45?

2) Dress: Would I need any modification to my business suit?

3) Comfort: Would I comfortably wear this for a 9 hr day?

4) Is there any consideration that might make this effect not optimal for the trade show venue?

Your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

These questions remain unanswered or did I miss something?
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 22:50, Magical Dimensions wrote:

I plan on shooting a video soon with people watching. I also have some new twists on performing this levitation that Peter doesn’t know about it, YET! LOL

There are a couple of things that I have done with my On Thin Air that looked really good. But with ‘ONE’ these methods are now really enhanced! I have never mention this to anyone, not even Peter, because I was the only one doing it and I wanted to keep it that way, until now. Image this, standing at the top of a set of stairs and taking one or two steps to the edge of the steps. You levitate and hold this position, and instead of falling back to the floor, you step down from the air to the next step while you are still levitating! And then you step out of the air with the other foot and continue to walk down the stairs. This really looks wild. LOL

Best
Ray Noble

Hi Ray,
I have pre-ordered and was wondering if the above performing twists will be included with the ONE levitation when released?
Thanks,
Tony
Tony Chapparo
magicmarc
View Profile
New user
NYC
28 Posts

Profile of magicmarc
12 days for my pre-order!!!! and then another 10 days of shipping...
I hope for the best.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Kune
On one hand I really want to preorder it, but on the other I feel I should wait till the new demo's up and Peter gets time to answer the new questions.
Probably I'll wait, since I already have so much new stuff to learn to use, there's no hurry to add another to the list.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2228 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I have both On thin Air and the Elevator but I went ahead and ordered it...I'm looking forward to it...I just hope it will offer me something different than what I know...even though it's a concept of the two models together...
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Any idea Ray on when your Demo will be up? Have you filmed it yet?

Thanks
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Sorry for not replying sooner. I have been busy!
I hope to film everything this coming weekend.

ray
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Looking forward to another demo. Would love to see a refined performance that shows us all the critical points.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Thanks Ray, looking forward to your Demo.

I own Icarus Effect, FLY, and pretty much every-other levi on the market, and am seriously considering taking the plunge here. Seeing from a distance under the feet is a plus, I can think of many situations that would take advantage of this feature.

There are so many great effects out there that I simply do not perform any-longer due to exposure, if Peter was not behind this I probably would not think about purchasing this, as the price of this is within the range of little Tommy (Or Alex) convincing his rich mommy to to buy this for him. Next it ends up on You-Tube.

I love how Peter protects his products and the secrets within. You cannot find a single "Reveal" vid on the net/YouTube for elevator (Which I search for to "FLAG" often), which also gives more confidence and urge to purchase this, as I know Peter/Ray will do everything in there power to protect this.

Anyone here remember X-Levitation by Alex, rip-off of Icarus? I personally Called Aaron Paterson (inventor of Icarus), 3 wayed Jon Maronge (who was filming the demo for X-Levi) with Aaron on the phone to stop that scam. Jon was literally on his way to shoot the Demo for X-Lev when me and Aaron talked him out of it and sent him packing from New York. Soon after Alex tried ripping off Elevator, and I personally remember how Peter handled that, swift and aggressively.

I am eager to see your Demo ray, as I do feel it can look a tad bit more natural.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 17:31, The Mac wrote:
Looking forward to another demo. Would love to see a refined performance that shows us all the critical points.

Mac, Please explain what you mean by critical points. I am interested and haven't shot my video yet.

best
ray
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Sounds like he's talking about angle's Ray, how far can you push it with-out exposure?

Since you are asking Ray, I got some, and please take this constructively.

-Try not to hop up if possible, nice smooth ascend and descend.

-If possible, instead of looking like your hopping off of something at the end, simply walk away, this seems like a more natural way of cleaning up the dirt. As stated, if possible.

-Try to keep both legs looking the same while in the air, this is a big selling point and avoids giving the method away. If one leg is swinging and the other looks to be struggling to hold you up, common sense kicks in in the spectators mind as to how this is being done IMO. No offence to Peter as I thought some levi's in his demo looked good, but this part of it can def be greatly improved upon.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the Demo.

Paul
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Pretty much! We saw a hop up. Lets see a smooth rise and descent.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Pretty much! We saw a hop up. Lets see a smooth rise and descent.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Ray, another very impressive/decisive clip you can show-us/perform would be placing the camera on the ground, then levitating what-ever distance needed and lighting/background of-course, to show through to the other-side under your feet! This would be a very memerable moment, and definatly one for history books, as no camera for no levi has ever ventured below the feet before! Smile

Looking forward to Pre-ordering after the weekend! Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hello everyone, sorry for my absence from this thread. I was very busy over the holidays and took some much needed time off. However shortly there after I got sick with a chest infection and just haven't had the energy to come on here to answer everyone's questions. Keeping up with how busy we are and this new product launch as well as my involvement with the secret project about to debut, Ive had to conserve my strength. You can only do some much with a raging fever.

But good news reports I am doing much better now, and even better news, ONE is right on scheduel and there will be no delays on the release of this schedueled for next week. I might remind everyone that the price will go up after Jan 15th.

Ok so now to answer some more questions:

Quote:
On 2008-12-29 11:48, Guillaume Vallée wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 02:28, Ustaad wrote:
The Q&A in the ad states:

Quote:
Can I use any pair of shoes I want?

The system is adjustable to almost any kind of shoe or footwear of your choice, and they will still feel, look, and function completely normal in every way.

Is there any initial set up or construction required?

There is about 15 minutes of prep time needed to customize the prop to you specifically, but requires no hardware tools, and is very easy to complete.

After viewing the demo video, ONE looks to be an interesting levitation.

I have a couple of question please.

1. Do I need to attach something to my shoes thus modifying my shoes? If so, is the attachment permanent or temporary? Also will leather sole shoes work?

2. How high can I actually (not apparent) levitate?

Thanks.

Smile

Quote:
On 2008-12-17 20:11, targetintellect wrote:
I am considering a purchase of this effect for trade show use (aisle level - close up). For those that have made the plunge, please advise:

1) Angles. Copy says can be viewed from the sides. More specifically, are we talking 180 degrees? 90? 45?

2) Dress: Would I need any modification to my business suit?

3) Comfort: Would I comfortably wear this for a 9 hr day?

4) Is there any consideration that might make this effect not optimal for the trade show venue?

Your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

These questions remain unanswered or did I miss something?

I have answered some of those, but will try to address the ones I have not answered.

You will appear to levitate up to 3-4 inches off the ground, but may I remind you that the angles and view under the feet is unmatched by any other street levitation.

As for angles people can view this from the front and the sides, but they cannot be so close to your side to the point that they can see directly behind you. The best part about this illusion is the distance people can be from you as well as the level or height they are viewing at. Most levitations would only allow you to perform this upclose with people standing next to you so that their viewing angle is restricted fron seeing all the way under your feet. ONE allows you to never worry about this ever again. You can have people stand 50 feet away from you or you can do this elevated on a platform like in the video and people at those distances or angles will finally be able to look under your feet. Elevator 2 came close using a mirror box type of effect, but would only reflect the ground, ONE allows people to see under and through the space under the magicians feet. No more worrying about things like.."Hey can you stand right here and don't move while I float"!

You do not need to modify anything to your clothing, wear whatever you want.

There is no comfort issues, you won't even know you have the system with you, I know because I have forgotten myself.

As for trade show purposes, the only thing you will have to make sure is that no one can see behind you when you are performing the illusion.

Ray will be doing his own demo as he has some additional effects he wants to showcase that is different than what I performed. But to answer PIZ the opening shot of my video is at ground level. Also I shot the a second sequence with myself on raised platform at the bottom of a set of stairs with the camera below, and both shots show under the feet. We also chose these shots because they are FULL Body shot OUTSIDE with nothing but air all around my body, so that everyone can see how fair this is. The last thing we wanted to do was to put out fancy video with all kinds of fancy cuts or NON full body shots etc. We put one close up shot in the video that wasn't a full body shot and that was it, I wanted the rest to be done out in the open so everyone can see how fair and convicing the illusion is when and how it would actually be performed infront of real people. Don't expect a fancy video from Ray either.

Best,

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hey Peter!

hope you get well soon,

ONE sounds like a breakthru so I hope the new demo showcases its advances.
50 feet away sounds impressive. Can I spend a whole night playing pool running around the pool table wearing the gimmick and not have to go to my car and come back to perform the illusion?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks, the antibiotics are starting to take affect, so I am hoping for a fast recovery!

Yep you can play as much pool as you want and have the system with you at all times. Im a bit of shooter myself, and I can also tell you the system would never interfere with your shots which is important when trying to sink the 8 ball.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Peter, thanks for the update, much needed!

I have a quick one for ya.

Does it matter what type of color it is in the background in-order for the spec to not see the gimmick? I noticed in your vid it is snowy out which would make something clear under your feet to be less visible, basically I am just wondering how invisible the gimmick is?

For example, I was performing FLY on X-Mas for the family and the kids decided to drop to the floor to look under my feet (They didn't catch anything), if they did this with ONE Levi, say at about 4 feet away in front of me, would they catch it? Does distance matter as far as seeing through to the other side?

Thanks

Paul
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Lol. I think maybe peter should just send one to me and piz for a complete review.

Recently I've been asked by friend to levitate. I have decided not to use the Balducci for 10 years sinced even RICK GERVAIS exposed it during his stand up routine.

My idea of the perfect levitation - is a smooth rise, a scond pause in the air, then a decent. Ray show me ONE can do that! please Smile
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
^Sounds great Mac! I like your thinking! Smile Unfortunately I'm done with writing reviews, I will give an opinion on this if I decide to get it. I just have so many levi's in the junk drawer, many questions answered and another demo will make my decision for me.

This ONE is different though, the "under the feet" viewing is quite enticing, which would make this unlike then anything I have, other then Icarus, but at-least with this I won't be walking around looking like I just got attacked by my neighbors dog! Smile

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12..16..20..24..28..32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL