The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21..24..27..30..32~33~34 [Next]
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Good job with the slow rise and descent Piz. Smile
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
If that means a clear video that will make me spend half my salary on this levy..bring it on
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Mac, you just seen the reactions this gets! What more do you need?!!

I'll tell you what, I'm up to the challenge, even though I see no need for it (and also because I have nothing better to do at the moment)! Smile
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Oh yeah if you want to see Piz's videos in much higher quality, just click on the "watch in HD" link at the bottom right of the video. It's MUCH clearer with a bigger screen. Problem solved. Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Thanks for the effort Piz but I couldn't even see the levitation. All I saw was when you were at the peak. I couldn't see the transition from the ground to the peak and then from there back to the ground.

Question: They say you can perform this with viewers sort of on the sides, but can you perform it with a SLOW RISE with people watching sort of on the sides, or must they be directly in front? I have a feeling you can't, because they'd see you with your heels up first and just lifting up your toes, right?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Piz, my friend.

it wasnt a challenge, I'm hoping your video inspires the leap of faith I need to outlay the cash thanks to the exchange rate Smile

thank you so much for uploading your video- reading the previous pages I can tell it was an epic battle of man vs technology Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 10:59, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Thanks for the effort Piz but I couldn't even see the levitation. All I saw was when you were at the peak. I couldn't see the transition from the ground to the peak and then from there back to the ground.

Agree on that btw... The transition was not that clear because of the lightning conditions maybe... But thanks so much for uploading this. The view at the peak was quite impressive!

Quote:
Question: They say you can perform this with viewers sort of on the sides, but can you perform it with a SLOW RISE with people watching sort of on the sides, or must they be directly in front? I have a feeling you can't, because they'd see you with your heels up first and just lifting up your toes, right?

Good question! Also wondered about this...
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 10:58, zoneinfinite wrote:
Oh yeah if you want to see Piz's videos in much higher quality, just click on the "watch in HD" link at the bottom right of the video. It's MUCH clearer with a bigger screen. Problem solved. Smile

OMG people, DO THIS!!! PERFECT!!!
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Good Job Piz!!!!!
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
Excellent! The feet look 100x better this way.
For some reason though white stuff keeps moving around on your pants when I watch it in HD - it must be something to do with my video card?
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Haha nice! That was sick!
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Great video Piz! Watch it in HD its MUCH better! I'm getting this one asap!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I tried it in HD, nice and crisp picture but on my computer it slowed down the video so it still wasn't that great. It was a little choppy.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Thanks Magicusa!

Absolutely Kune! I am watching it on my 42' LCD wide-screen TV right now, and it looks beautiful!

I am just wondering why I stood there so long after landing? I usually walk away the second I land. Hey, maybe I have video FRIEGHT! DADADA!lol
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I'm just waiting to hear back about the fragility and durability issues of the gimmick...the lev looks great though, Thanks Piz.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
mentalguy
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of mentalguy
I second bryan's question.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ IMO this levi is WAY to good not to do something about this, but we shall see. It's in Ray and Peter's hands from here.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Here's a still from Piz's video.

(posted with kind permission from Piz)
mentalguy
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of mentalguy
I have posted bellow the comments made thus far about the fragility of this product. According to these two accounts (posted bellow), the product is extremely fragile, the creators should go "back to the drawing board," and the device SHOULD HAVE been made with a stronger material.

In other words, people are being encouraged to give their hard earned money to creators that SHOULD HAVE, COULD HAVE, but DIDN'T make a device that will endure. We're buying a product that was built to break!

To be fair, my comment is based upon the words of only two people, and I will take back this criticism if it proves to be too harsh. But, based on the testimonials thus far, people are praising the product for what it could be and not what it is. This is a trend in the magic industry: there are countless examples of effects that suffer from poor workmanship and a low quality of materials. As consumers, we do not have to put up with products that, if they were built to last, would have been really really good.

To quote Rod Danilewicz in December 2008's M.U.M. Magazine, "Why is it that a trick costing less than $500 may rate only mass production quality?"

Piz: "Now, speaking of this device being fragile, it is! I had a tiny crack in the wood from the blank going into it when I first received it. The crack is not getting any better. Peter and Ray have GOLD on there hands here, If I where them I would seriously go back to the drawing board and use something other then wood..."

Holly: "The problem is that [the fragile piece is] attached to a heavier part and with repeated use it can eventually crack as the result of the weight of the part it’s attached to...The only solution I see is that it should be made of a different material."
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
Nice pic and I look forward to seeing more videos. Of course I look forward even more to receiving my own ONE Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21..24..27..30..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL