The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..32~33~34 [Next]
krisneale
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krisneale
Shhh!!! lol
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hey guys, why don't we start a review thread down in the ‘The Good, the Bad, and the Garbage’ in the 'Tricks and Effects' section? Since ONE has been out for a while, a thread down there would be cool to let others know what you guys think of this levitation. LOL

I must say that I really like all the videos so far. Great job!

I WILL have my video up this weekend, just been too busy, but I will tell you that in one clip a motorcycle is involved and looks pretty good.

Ray
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Yes, I had my right hand against the wall or else there's NO way I would have been able to levitate for that long. I'm having some difficulties figuring out how the heck to hide this thing and wear it all day as well, without it being detected or in the way when I want to sit down. Right now, I don't find it practical at all, which was the big selling point for me. I think it's great for stage though.
krisneale
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krisneale
Peter - Thnaks for your reply...Just itching to perform this!!!

Does anyone know of a way to "speed up" the collection of the gimmick once levitated? Did that make sense?

Any help much appreciated.

Kris
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Great for stage?? So you have to get rid of something? When you sit down? And I thought you could levitate as long as you wished...

But your demo was totally crazy... wow! Can't it be done without any help from the hands?
Ben
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Not if you want to rise slow without years of practice and not if you want to stay up for a while without years of practice...

The ditching is self-contained in the system.

I can`t say more about the sitting down part, but if you read other recently posted comments you`ll see they`re talking about a similar area.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for your answer Patrick!! Smile

One last question (I think I'll buy the ONE anyway but still...): how long do you think you can levitate then without the use of the hands? 3 secs? 5 secs?
Ben
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

All it takes is practice, but it`s definitely easier right off the bat to just rise and then fall right after. I don`t even know if I care to see how long I can stay up without any support, I`m thinking of acting like I`m pushing myself up off the ground with one hand off of a chair or something. I`ll give it a more interesting presentation.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Ok, thanks!
Ben
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 07:39, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Yes, I had my right hand against the wall or else there's NO way I would have been able to levitate for that long. I'm having some difficulties figuring out how the heck to hide this thing and wear it all day as well, without it being detected or in the way when I want to sit down. Right now, I don't find it practical at all, which was the big selling point for me. I think it's great for stage though.

I take it the instructions don't address this issue?
Magic is a vanishing art.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Good question!

Can't wait to see your video Ray! A motorcycle? Smile cool!
Ben
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Peter will say that it's discussed in the instructions, but it's not a realistic solution in my opinion.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Guys there are several suggestions on PatrickGregorie's concerns, both in concealment and performance, but yes like any magic trick it will take some practice and it will take some practice to float for longer periods of time, but it is still very easy to perform compared to other self levitations including my original Elevator, and there are several suggestions and easy ones at that to get you going in this direction very quickly. Also the bulkier part of the system that PatrickGregorie is refering to engages and dis-engages from your body in about 3 seconds(seriously) and will easily fit in your pocket, until you need it again,and in some cases can be concealed this way even while it is engaged. But honestly like Ben Harris has stated, I often forget I am even carrying this around with me in the set position, and obviously I am not the only who agrees with me, but everyone will have their own expectations and are entitled to their opinions.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 17:38, Peter Loughran wrote:
[...]

like any magic trick it will take some practice and it will take some practice to float for longer periods of time

[...]

Peter.

Thanks Peter, I have my answer. I don't mind practising a lot to achieve an effect as long as it's possible.

I'll place my order pretty soon I guess... Smile
Ben
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

It's not the disingaging that's a problem, it's the size of the gimmick. The gimmick is the perfect size, but not for concealment issues. No one can fit this in a pocket, come on! Well, sure it'll fit, but you'll have a he77 of a bulge and people WILL notice.

This system has its uses, but it's not as practical as it claims to be. That's just MY opinion.
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Although I do feel it is a practical and deceiving illusion, I have to disagree on the concealment when not in use. It will not fit in your pocket unless you are wearing very baggy clothes. The bulge (with it being in the pocket) will not only be uncomfortable, but also noticeable. Peter, I don't see how this is any easier to perform than the original elevator, other than the get ready; I think the balance issue is still the same. However, with the angles and wonderful illusion the ONE allows, it is definately worth the effort to practice. I just wish it was more concealable when not in use.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Yup, the ONLY issue I have with this levitation is the concealment when not in use. It frustrates me to think that I thought I was buying something that I could wear all day long in any clothes and levitate anytime, but now that I've finally received it my hopes have crashed and burned.
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

Profile of Lord*Of*ILLUZION
Concealment should not be an issue for many (if not most) performers who decide to wear a jacket. If you perform in t-shirts all the time, then you'll have an issue, you might want to check out Peter's "Elevator 2" because it addresses that issue of concealment, however, that would be backtracking as ONE is a big improvement on other issues that Elevator 2 had. Overall this is the best unit out of all 3 of Peter's levitation products. Elevator 1 has the best construction (and will literally last a lifetime) but somewhat limited viewing angles (specs will see the gimmick at a distance), Elevator 2 has the best portability, and is an ingenious design but very poor construction and flaws with stability. Finally, the ONE levitation is exactly like Elevator 1, but solves the issues of performing at a distance (can view under the feet), and has a much more "natural" get ready (you don't have to bend down to setup). I would have to say the construction was not the best on this product, but there is VERY good news, as Peter has told me via email that they solved the issue with the fragile part of the device. So overall, ONE is the best in the series for those performers who are still on the fence.
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
If we could somehow combine Blackstone's Vanishing Birdcage idea with this gimmick, then we would have the "Ultimate ONE".
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2109 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I don't think it's a real concern.

Mine is kept in the glove box of the car. It then goes in my briefcase as required. It only takes a second or three to load the system before you require it. I've sat through a formal dinner with it on my lap awaiting the right moment. Walked right in with it in my hand, concealed beneath my wallet and iPhone. No need to run when you are not being chased.

So yes, it may be a bit bulky in your pocket, but there are ways around this. Any perceived drawbacks are minimal compared to the value of the performance.

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL