The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34 [Next]
ruprac
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of ruprac
Still waiting for it.. lol :/
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Here's a link to me performing the levitation. It's nowhere near to perfected but I think it looks great on camera. I love my nephew's reaction in the middle of the video; such a nice thing to see children amazed at magic. Please mind my pj's lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtecj-uBUQ
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Looks great!! I've had this for a while and still haven't gotten around to working it out!
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 23:12, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Looks great!! I've had this for a while and still haven't gotten around to working it out!

Thanks. Same here. I got it when it first came out (I actually pre-ordered) but only played around with it in front of the mirror and then put it away due to balance issues. But now that I've seen it's potential after seeing it on camera, I am going to work at getting it presentable.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Blueroyalty
You really looked good doing this levitation.

Best
Ray Noble
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
I take a bow now. A very humble thank you Mr. Noble.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
How many inches can one levitate with One?

Thanks- RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
About 2.5-3 inches. The selling point on this levitation is that you can see under and past both feet.
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
The only problem about this levitation is balance. I wonder if you can put 2 gimmick in both shoes would that work? can people see the gimicks?
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 15:49, sam2452 wrote:
The only problem about this levitation is balance. I wonder if you can put 2 gimmick in both shoes would that work? can people see the gimicks?

That wouldn't be practical by any means.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks for the info Blueroyalty!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 19:22, Blueroyalty wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 15:49, sam2452 wrote:

That wouldn't be practical by any means.

I mean look at all the demo they have to hold on something to keep them balance. They cannot stay up longer then 2 sec then loose balance. I was just wonder if you put 2 gimick in both shoes so you can keep balance and stay up alittle longer.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

On 2011-03-22 15:49, sam2452 wrote: (IN PART)
[/quote]

I mean look at all the demo they have to hold on something to keep them balance. They cannot stay up longer then 2 sec then loose balance.

[/quote]

I hear people (mostly kids) who saw that Chris or that David guy on TV and want to be just like them!

People who want to be just like another performer, tells me that they don’t have the experience of thinking for themselves. Sure you can float out in the open if you want and with practice stay floating for more than 2 seconds. What book (rule) said that a performer can’t touch something or place their hand on the shoulder or forearm of a spectator?

Floating out in the open is just like saying, ‘Look what I can do!’ type of mindset. The people around you only see you levitating and don’t feel any connection with you at all. There is no emotional association or relationship between you and them. You mention about having to touch something, well, an experience performer will find a way to include this in their routine if they wanted. I can do this levitation out in the open and stay floating upward to 30 seconds. It is called practice. But I really like making connection with people instead.

I mention this in my On Thin Air Booklet but I guess people have to be told how to perform these days because they only want to see and do what the guy on TV is doing. This is fine and just shows that many don’t want to stand out from all the clones and want to do the very same thing that everyone else is doing.

One of the methods that I use to bring more meaning and a lasting impression is to get others involved! How do I do this? First the MAGIC isn’t about you; it is about creating an experience for the spectators. Remember this little rule and your magic will improve greatly. Don’t be a show off and try to impress people with what you can do. Entertainment is more than this. Let the people feel and experience the magic and not just stand there as they watch you TRYING to impress them.

Which of the two following examples do you think people will remember better and tell others? First the way that I see MOST wanting to do this levitation, “OK, hey, look at me, I am going to do something really cool...... OK, uh….. you guys stand over there OK? … Watch…… (pause….you float and then come back down)” Wasn’t that SICK? LOL”
Sure that was cool but the people watching only were engaged to a certain point. There was no emotional hook. It was nothing more than you doing a card trick as far they were concerned.

Now let’s look at example number two; you talk about positive energy and how we each have the ability to channel our thoughts and life force into an intensity that can extend from us. You ask everyone to stand in a half circle around you and to close their eyes and slow their breathing. They breathe slowing and continue to keep their eyes close. You get everyone to match their breathing so that everyone is becoming one element. As they do this, you guide them into relaxation and take them on a little journey of feeling their inner energy building at the base of their spine. This force is becoming warmer and warmer and is now moving upward. This life force builds and extends to their shoulders and down their arms.

You tell everyone to open their eyes and to take hold of the hand of the person next to them. You reach out and take hold of the two spectators standing to your left and right. Everyone is holding hands and is now connected. You tell everyone how they can feel the energy coming from the other person as they hold their hand. Their hands are starting to tingle because of all the positive connections. You ask if anyone can feel their hands starting to tingle and some will agree that they do.

You mention how in a moment everyone will send their energy to you and with luck; you will channel this force into something unique. Tell everyone to squeeze the other person’s hand and YOU close your eyes. “Send me your energy…… NOW!” ……… Pause for the slow count of three and then say in a half whisper, “My feet, Look…..my…feet” Now levitate and stay up for a few seconds.

Fall back to the floor and open your eyes. Release the hands that you are holding and act like you are drain from this little experiment. Once you are 100% together, you ask if anyone felt the energy souring through their body and out their hands. Be prepared to get some good answers!

You have engage and made a connection with people that they will find hard to forget. You not only levitated, you did it with the HELP of those present. If it wasn’t for them, you wouldn’t have been able to do this. It wasn’t a magic trick, it was something MORE. It was an experience that people will remember and tell others for years to come.

Don’t make this levitation another card trick. Make this levitation something BIGGER. Let it be about something that can’t be explained nor forgotten. After all, isn’t this what entertainment is meant to be like?

Best
Ray Noble
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
^Very well put.^
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
Well I not saying anything about how to entertain people. My point is what is the longest time magicains have stay floating this levitation out in the open. I have seen like 3 sec or less in all the demo. I tired not easy. I'm too can only stay 3sec or less. If you said you can do this levitation out in the open and stay floating upward to 30 seconds I sure would love to see your demo.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Hello,

I just tried it and counted slowly to 16 before I came back to the floor. So I am half way there and it has been a while since I did ONE. I average 10 to 20 seconds but have done 30 seconds a few times. So it can be done.

If you float more than (let’s say) 5 seconds, people might move around and see things that you don’t want them to. I think that the best time to float is between 2- 5 seconds.

Place your head (chin) directly over your heel as you do this.

Ray
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Sam, why would you want to levitate for much longer? I am sure Mr. Noble only floated for an extended period for special occasions, as this takes STRONG audience management. Floating for extended times give spectators the chance to "snoop". Besides, these type of levis are supposed to, imo, be performed as spur of the moment "bursts of energy". If you could float for longer, ppl might ask why not go higher. I think it plays well as a short off beat effect (close up that is). Of course, just my .02
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I've gotten the strongest reactions by just "floating" for a few seconds or so. No one has ever asked me if I can float for 30 seconds or more. They were just blown away that I levitated in the first place. Like Blueroyalty said, I had a sudden "burst of energy".
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
Quote:

If you float more than (let’s say) 5 seconds, people might move around and see things that you don’t want them to. I think that the best time to float is between 2- 5 seconds.

Ray

Ray, you are right. I didn't think of that. I think 2 sec kinda short maybe 4or 5 sec is best. Thanks guys.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Apparently some squirt on youtube thinks he has divulged the secret and has an exposure video posted. I really like the part where he talks about the cleanup on his version when you clearly can see he is simply walking away from his home made gimmick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfU-xLF03dg&feature=fvwp&NR=1
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL