The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Quick Change from Spain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JulianVictor
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of JulianVictor
Just watching a French TV Show, and I saw this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2174v9qoxXQ
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Cool...but I seem to notice a recent trend with costumes seeming like they're inspired from David and Dania.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I found their act to be very entertaining and fun to watch!
JulianVictor
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of JulianVictor
Kyle, I don't agree with your David and Dania comment. I feel these people have really brought something very different to what can be a stale act. I think they have been really imaginative in the delivery and the music. The whole production is very unique.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
In Russia, for years, there is a lot of "David and Dania" acts. It's a very old Russian tradition.

Paulo
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
That's a nice themed act.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Yes, Mr.Paulo, in Ukraine and Russia maybe every magician uses costume change in different combinations. Even folk dancers use cos. change for group of dancers simultaneously, and many times (by the way, I see in Chinese dancers too). Looks very fantastic! Serg.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7408 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I found this act had some good ideas and different twists, but there was a lot of dead time and padding in the act. David and Dania's act is very tight and moves well.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Yes, in Ukraine, there is costume change a lot.

Paulo
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I think I should have been more detailed...I find some costumes, COSTUMES only, follow the David and Dania line up. The Salsa dresses, striped tuxedos... I enjoy their act, and I think it's good stuff... It's no issue with me, just I seem to see a very similar line up of the costumes... even in color.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Magic3, I enjoyed the video a lot. It was a very polished act.
Thanks for sharing.
Bob.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Ha ha! A Spanish theme, but this group is from Uzbekistan and Russia!

There are some great changes within the act, but the choice of music kills the applause cues unfortunately.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Nobody can imagine how many costume changes are in Russia and Ukraine for a lot of years, for everywhere!!!! With all the respect for David and Dania, I like his act, but who knows about costumes change knows it is nothing new...try to get information about this in Russia, and you will understand. "New Quick Change from Spain," they are from Uzbekistan!

Paulo
JulianVictor
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of JulianVictor
I am sorry if I got the country wrong. The video has no name as to where they were from, just the act. As the act was Spanish, and he was speaking in a deep Spanish accent, I thought they were Spanish. The act is very Spanish, and now looking at the video, he seems to have dubbed his voice; it's not him speaking, it's a recording.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Quick Change from Spain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL