We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Knockout Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The "Knockout Deck" - Magic Makers was purchased by me recently. I would give it an "A" because of the changes it makes. It can be performed with ease.

Anyone have a better excuse line for removing the Jokers?
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Yeah I am happy to see some good things coming from MagicMakers.

Knockout is a really strong effect... and you are right, some patter is needed regarding the jokers.

I have a get together with a few magicians on Monday evening and I will bring my knockout deck and see what we can brainstorm.

Those that havent checked out the knockout deck, we have a video of it on our website:

http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Bicycle-Kn......702.html

After watching it, many of you will probably have an idea of the method - so you will see it is not a knucklebuster or sleight intensive effect.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
This looks like Sneak A Peek with Bicycle backed cards:
http://www.emagictricks.co.uk/product_in......_id=4829

I guess this is in keeping with Magic Makers' reputation...
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Pretty neat effect! I like that, it's a double-whammy.
baker21
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of baker21
I too just purchased this from my local magic shop here in hershey PA. I love the visual effect of this trick. It's a wow to a WTF just happened type of trick.
For how visual it is, it is sooo easy to do. I also just bought a professional Deck case gimmick or deck shell.

I need to figure out a way when doing normal card tricks with a normal deck to bust out the knockout deck and then get it stashed again so I can go onto another trick and at the end of that have the spectator's examine the deck if they wish too. I need to come up with a routine.

I am not a PROFESSIONAL magician, but I have a lot of stuff and am a crazy hobbyist you could say. On the verge of maybe trying to become a professional. I would love to perform restaurants and stuff but have yet to take that step. As for now, I only perform for friends and family and once in awhile strangers on the street.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 22:54, digitaltrip wrote:
This looks like Sneak A Peek with Bicycle backed cards:
http://www.emagictricks.co.uk/product_in......_id=4829

I guess this is in keeping with Magic Makers' reputation...

Yes it is Sneak a peek - they even credit sneak a peek in the video.

It does have a slight difference... very slight...
Mark Reed
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Not too mention that I haven't been able to find a copy of Sneak a Peek in years. The cards are good quality and the gaffs give you a lot of freedom with the pack. The hardest part is not getting the deck twisted.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Its a good effect. I really like it.

Its one of those that falls into the "very easy to do, yet packs a nice punch" category.

The one thing that impressed me is the credit MagicMakers gives on the effect - Ben Salinas does credit the Sneek a Peek. Ben is usually pretty good about credits - his rubberband work lists credits for every effect. I admire when magicians cite where they get things and base things upon.

Knockout is selling really well. Once we demo it, its usually a "gimme one!" especially at the price.

I have to say Knockout is now one of my favorites in gaffed decks... next to the Pop eye deck.
Mark Reed
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 14:27, mmreed wrote:
Its a good effect. I really like it.

Its one of those that falls into the "very easy to do, yet packs a nice punch" category.

The one thing that impressed me is the credit MagicMakers gives on the effect - Ben Salinas does credit the Sneek a Peek. Ben is usually pretty good about credits - his rubberband work lists credits for every effect. I admire when magicians cite where they get things and base things upon.

Knockout is selling really well. Once we demo it, its usually a "gimme one!" especially at the price.

I have to say Knockout is now one of my favorites in gaffed decks... next to the Pop eye deck.

I do like the fact it's Bicycle back...that's an improvement in my opinion over the original Sneak A Peek deck.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Yeah, anytime a bike back is used, its better... I hate effects that make people think its not an ordinary deck.. and unless its a bike back, they think that - at least here in the US.
Mark Reed
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Not always. CardToon works better with a throw away deck. Which video were you talking about? The demo or an actual DVD?
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
If you're talking about the Top/face Joker, I have a better way.

Instead of just plucking off the Joker to show the Queen underneath, try doing an Erdnase Color Change (Two Handed Transformation, First Method from Expert at the Card Table) to change the Joker into the Queen. Much more magical. Just be careful not to expose the Joker second from the face during your spreads. I actually perform the whole thing in my hands without using a table.

We wanted to keep the original presentation pretty simple, so the color change was left out of the DVD.

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks for the information, Ben.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
It took Dynamike two years to say 'thank you.'

But hey, thanks Dynamike, to open this thread again. I love the knock out deck, so it's good to read about it.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1352 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I remember when this thread was started, I was inspired to get knockout deck at that time,
It is a great trick, I need to get back to it.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Yes, it is a great trick! After I'm finished with it I switch it out for a normal deck using a deck shell.
tony660
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of tony660
I have seen the knockout deck and how it is done and purchased it immediately. I was told there is a knockout trick, does anyone know what the trick is about?
WesleyBryan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of WesleyBryan
Just remove Jokers and say, "If I wave them over the deck, etc..." I had the old non-bicycle version way back when I first got into magic. It's similar to what Oz said in the Penguinmagic demo. It worked fine.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Do like the look of this deck and will be getting it.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1861 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
How does the Knockout Deck compare with the Mastermind Deck?

Which of the two do you prefer and why?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Knockout Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL