The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glass walking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hey guys,

Glass walking is something I have always wanted to do. does anyone know where to start?

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Get drunk then save the bottles. ok
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
I did this a lot in college. I always got my glass from a local bar. Be sure to wash it well with a Clorox solution and wear safety glasses while breaking it. Bear bottles break into small pieces and liquor bottles tend to make for bigger chunks. About the only thing I ever culled out was the liquor bottle necks. They did not break as well and I just thought they looked bad in the mix. I kept the class in side a canvas tarp and then kept the tarp in a box along with the board I placed under it.

Just some random thoughts on the subject. I hope it helps.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Again, really not something you should be learning on a forum. It's relatively safe if done (and prepped) right--very risky if not.

Check out some of the other threads on the topic, and especially look at Harley's piece on performing.

Be smart: be safe.
(alternately, shop smart: shop S Mart)
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Josh Peters
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
64 Posts

Profile of Josh Peters
Groovy.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I am selling a very safe method for this,,,,the glass may look a bit like red sponges,,,but from a distance you can get away with it.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Well id pay $20 if it is a safe as you claim!
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I agree with Kondini, first start emptying wine bottles. It's not fare if you just get them from a bar or recycling center. Besides the liquid confidence will give you the stupidity to do it. I prefer the jagged necks and bottoms over the plain flat pieces. ;-) Get a teacher or at least someone that will try it before you. Scratch all of that. My attorney has advised me you shouldn't listen to a thing I say.

"Mr. Cellophane man, cause you can walk right by me, see right through me, and never know I'm there!"
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-12-15 17:03, The Village Idiots wrote:
"Mr. Cellophane man, cause you can walk right by me, see right through me, and never know I'm there!"

Hey when did we get from stupid tasks like glass walking top stupid tasks like covering the toilet bowl?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glass walking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL