The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Problem with TURBAN trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
In KARL Fulves' excellent book SELF-WORKING HANDKERCHIEF TRICKS, there is a trick where two handkerchieves are wrapped up in paper, after which those two hankies are cut into Four pieces, then finally restored. In doing the trick, I use a patter which says that the handkerchieves are a magical TURBAN, in order to give it an exotic flavor. The problem is that sometimes a spectator will think aloud that it's odd (and even suspicious) that I use TWO hankies. (As most of you already know, the way the trick secretly works is by using TWO hankies instead of one. Otherwise,it does Not work.) Apparently to the spectator,the use of a SINGLE hanky would look more natural, as the spectator presumes that a Turban is a SINGLE cloth. So they ask me why I use TWO of them? So do any of you gents have a suggestion as to what I can say in my PATTER (about the TURBAN) that would iron out that "discrepancy"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Problem with TURBAN trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL