The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rose To Silk Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Is this in print anywhere on how to make one of these,,,I seem to remember having one and it was a simple piece of wire...If anyone could share with me how to make one I would really appreciate it...
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The wire isn't even necessary... it's all in how you roll the silk to make it appear to be a rose. You can attach it to your lapel with a large hat pin or even a magnet in the hem. The wire holder was supposed to make it easier to hold it to your lapel, but after making the silks appear, you were stuck with this wire "spider" in your lapel. If you want to make one from memory, the wire is available in craft stores under the name "florist's wire."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
To avoid the wire "spider" on the lapel, I have always made mine at the blossom end of an artificial rose stem... also available in craft stores.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
When you rip off the rose to get the stem, as Michael Baker suggests, cut off some of the petals and roll them into the silk. The petals add to the illusion of a rolled silk as a flower. When you produce the silk, the petals flutter to the ground, which adds to the effect. The down side is that "someone" will have to clean up the little mess you leave on the floor after your act.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 11:54, Spellbinder wrote:
The down side is that "someone" will have to clean up the little mess you leave on the floor after your act.

Beats cleaning up a snowstorm, though... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Jim Gerrish used to catch his rose petals on a sheet of paper that was spread out on his table. The paper was then rolled into a cone with the petals inside, and a duplicate "restored" rose was then produced from the cone. Solved two problems at once.
Professor Spellbinder

DavidLynn
View Profile
New user
Rural Victoria, Aus-(Oz)-tralia
43 Posts

Profile of DavidLynn
Top idea spellbinder. (Just jumping on the thread here) I love 'double' tricks like your idea here, I mean Jim's idea
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
One that I use is from velcro...I use white velcro with the sticky self adhesive. Cut off about a 1/2" piece and then with a magic marker color it the same color as the silk and this attaches to one corner of the silk. The opposite velcro piece can be applied to your lapel and color it to match your suit or use black velcro for black suit/tux. Now twist the silk (18" preferably)with the velcro end protruding out and wrap around your index and second finger into a nice tight bunch. Now simply place the silk rose on your lapel and tuck the end with the velcro piece into the center of the rose/silk and attach to the velcro on your lapel. It will stay put until you pull off. No wires left over and showing. Linking Ring printed this for me several years ago in a parade and I find it very easy to use and to make.
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's a real good idea, Rick. If you aren't selling them, you should.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Yes, we have just put them together and put on the market - Smile..
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rose To Silk Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL