The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » December 7th 1941… (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
A day we should always remember and never forget. My father was stationed in Pearl Harbor and survived the horrific events of that day when the Japs sneak attacked our seventh fleet.

To all the HEROS who lost their life on that cowardly day, may they (and the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God,) rest in peace.

The USS Arizona is still bleeding…
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Aye, another day we shall Never Forget. *bows head*

Nice post Jus...Thanks.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Such a different world...yet so much the same.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
On Days like today, or Veterans Day, I'm embarassed to live in Eugene Oregon. Back at the end od WW 2, a large cross was erected up on top of a butte in the center of town. It was always lit and it was in rememberance for all the soldiers that lost thier lives in the war. The hippies and radicles here, decided a few years back that it was more of a religeous symbol and should be taken down. After several fights in court it was decided that it should be removed. The only good thing was that a local church offered to have it installed on thier land. So now the cross is still lit. It was a little while after that, that the local Veterans were getting really fed up with idiots complaining about the Veterans day parade, they dicided to move it to a near by town that welcomed them with open arms. The shmucks around here were saying that the parade was glorifing war...Even though I call this place home, I think it's a very stupid town sometimes.
Bob.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Remember the Vets. God Bless them. Smile
I can't those stupid hippies. They have made a beautiful state like Oregon, into one garbage hole to live in. I try very hard to ignore them and their imposing ways. Trust me, I am trying.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
I have an idea. Parade around town with the hippies heads on a pike. They will no longer complain. You can even move the cross back to the center of town. Problem solved.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey hippies! Get in the basket! There is a little bit of weed and some left over pizza near the bottom... Go for it, its free! Smile

I just noticed this, but my current post count is 1941. What a coincidence. Smile
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Michael, Brian, I like the way you guys think ! Brian, I bet you plan it, where you would end up with 1941 post's today.
Bob.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
One of the most memorable things that has happened in my life was when I went to Hawaii and took the trip to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial. Going to the memorial and seeing the wall of names and looking into the water and seeing the oil slick...well, there is just no way I can describe how I felt when seeing that.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Yeah Margarette, I hear you. It's hard to look at, and even today, the oil seeps.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Infamy
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » December 7th 1941… (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL