The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Back Crack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Hello, everybody!

Some of Copperfield's illusions are very unknown by many fellow magicians, and one of it is Back Crack illusion, a kind of no feet illusion.
I didn't see it, I just heard, but very, very vague about a kind of box where Copperfield come in and, when the box is rise, as I know by himself not with assistant help...the result is no feet. But if I am right, I heard something about a rotation of half body in opposite direction.
Do you know if this illusion could be done surrounded?
Please, if you know something about this illusion, let's talk about it.
Thank you,
Jis.

I understand that the builder is Mr. Gaughan.
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
The back crack (as used by DC) is an Andre Kole effect.
Not for sale.
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
Several other performers do Andre Kole's illusion, including the Spencers.
Taylor
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Please describe this back crack illusion in details.
Thank you
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
From the description of the effect, it sounds like the no feet illusion. As previously mentioned, it is an Andre Kole effect, and it might be available for purchase from him or a dealer. I know there has been a discussion about this effect elsewhere on this forum. Look up "no feet illusion" in the search bar.
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
I know about discution but is a very poor one.
Thank
Jis
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Several people that do perform it have the rights from Andre to perform it, including Kevin Spencer, Timothy Drake, and Ryan Joyce.
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
The illusion is not the same as the "Back Cracker."

Yes, several people have rights to Andre's "No Feet" Illusion.

The "Back Cracker" is not the same as the "No Feet."

Since this illusion (Back Cracker) is not for sale, I will not post the effect.
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Was not impressed with Back Cracker. Watched DC do it, and it got very little response. The clean up on the illusion was probably the most impressive aspect. It kind of looked like filler material to me. No Feet would have been a better choice.

Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
What is wrong to describe the effect?????
Incredible!!!
What is wrong with you, magicfreak_NV ????
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Yes, please describe Back Crack. I saw DC do it, and I don't even remember it. I just remember he did it. I think he got in a barrel, and ropes were around his hands and legs, and they went each way? One end went one direction, the other end went opposite. I remember seeing it and thinking, "That's it?"

Edit:
Almost as bad as:

"I need to go up and penetrate through the steel and end up on the other side. (Repeated about 3 times, followed by a wish-me-luck after he says it the fourth time.)"

Followed by a feeling of "Should we applaud, is that it?" Then the music stops, and the audience politely applauds.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 22:23, chrusa wrote:
Yes, please describe Back Crack. I saw DC do it, and I don't even remember it. I just remember he did it. I think he got in a barrel, and ropes were around his hands and legs, and they went each way? One end went one direction, the other end went opposite. I remember seeing it and thinking, "That's it?"

Edit:
Almost as bad as:

"I need to go up and penetrate through the steel and end up on the other side. (Repeated about 3 times, followed by a wish-me-luck after he says it the fourth time.)"

Followed by a feeling of "Should we applaud, is that it?" Then the music stops, and the audience politely applauds.

Yeah. I know what you mean.

I don't know why David keeps performing such lame stuff and filling auditoriums when he could be like the rest of us, accomplishing so much more, moving his career farther forward, and making a name in magical history by spending his time posting here on the Café.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Lucasw
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
194 Posts

Profile of Lucasw
Well said, Terry!

Lucas
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
As I see, seems to be a poor illusion....hmmm.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
This Illusion was written up in a Magic Mag a few years back. (I can't find now.) The best I remember (and I may be wrong), Copperfield gets in a barrel, and it is lifted up showing his feet-- barrel is rotated and Copperfield's upper haft rotates with barrel, as his feet remain pointed to the aud. I do remember them saying the clean up was the best part.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I've never seen David perform the effect, but as described by illusionman2, this sounds like Andre Kole's "Twister."

Terry
magicguy72
View Profile
New user
Virginia
29 Posts

Profile of magicguy72
The "Back Crack" illusion is Andre Kole's "Twister" illusion. He gave DC permission to perform it. As the inventor, Andre does a much better job with the effect and plays it well. I don't think DC is performing the illusion anymore (or at least he hasn't in several years). Definitely not the same idea as his "No Feet" illusion.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I'm sorry, but it's not possible for Andre to perform something better than David.... Even on a bad day, David would outdo the inventor.

PS "Did any one ever see David do the Gumby Illusion?"
I saw him do it live back in 1986, and he didn't like it, so he took it out...

David takes out stuff that doesn't work for him...

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
What's the Gumby illusion?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2008-12-20 21:05, TaylorReed wrote:
I'm sorry, but it's not possible for Andre to perform something better than David.... Even on a bad day, David would outdo the inventor.

Taylor

Just wondering if you ever saw Andre perform it so that you could compare the two on this illusion.

Terry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Back Crack (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL