The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Thimbles kill onlooking spectators! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Ok, maybe 'kill' is too strong a word. Startle might be better.

In my first and last performance of a Thimble routine that took months to develop and master the following took place.

Pretty much everything went perfect up to the finale. In the routine a thimble appeared on all ten fingers. The Left hand steals, etc. went perfect, and, then nightmare! As I finished the steal of the last four thimbles to my Right Hand first thru little fingers I was still ok, but getting a bit more hyped. I popped my Left hand open, no problem. The thimbles made their appearance. I POPPED my right hand open and watched in horror as the four thimbles on my right fingers flew all the way across the stage to rattle on the floor like walnuts falling from a tree.

The audience of all magicians thought this was VERY funny. I was not amused. In retrospect though it has made a great story for students. If I was to do the act again, I would be ready with another set of thimbles for either hand to steal on the awkward OFF BEAT that comes from royally screwing up a move. The end.

Brad Burt
Brad Burt
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
It sounds like you put a lot of work in to that thimble routine, and in the end, ONE mistake happened in ONE performance. If I stopped performing a trick every time I made a mistake in a performance, I'd never perform again. Take it as a learning experience, and don't let all those months of practice go down the tubes.

Jeff
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Brad,

You may have found something special for yourself. What if, as you suggested, the thimbles on your RH go flying and you use the moment to get set with another set? That could work FOR you.

Opportunity is what you make of it

Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Thimbles are a great piece of magic that is too rarely performed. Congratulations for going out on a limb and doing them!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Thimbles kill onlooking spectators! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL