We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Wait is over...FORESIGHT is here... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
First off, the add picture is a lie. Technically someone could argue that it's not, but I say it is. Not a big deal though, just pointing it out.

Secondly, I don't have much faith in this effect but I will try it and see how it goes. I was expecting something WAY better than this.

I think that the method for correcting the situation when a spectator misremembers the suit of their card is genius. It's not his idea, but it's a nice way to apply the concept.

This effect is easy to do and if it's as good as these guys claim it is then I say go ahead and buy it, but I'm definitely not sure yet how good it really is. I saw the picture of the scatter of cards and I thought to myself "what a rip-off, this isn't fooling ANYONE."

Those are my thoughts for now.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
This is EXACTLY what I thought it would be and I am very pleased with the work. I am rarely satisfied with an "out of the box" way of doing things, so I will adjust this for my tastes. This will play just as described and is a very practical way of using this methodology. If the pieces suit you, then you should give this a try (and I am sure you'll be happpy). If you've "been around" for a while, the method should not be a surprise, but I think most people should be happy with the streamlined and improved work here. Very well done. I am already making my adjustments (to suit my style) and will continue to do this.

Sean
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Oh...
Ben
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I have had this a couple days, and will certainly be putting a review up over the next week or two. I think it is a brilliant culmination of several old techniques to create a great effect, and it is an awesome centre piece when people see the card around your neck, they are instantly wanting to know what is on the other side, and want to see that effect. I perform the Destination Box by Jon Allen at every table, and everyone wants to see 'the box trick', 'Whats in the box?', is what I get all the time. So now I have something else they can focus on and ponder...what is the point of that? I have also thought about the prediction being a text to someones phone. For those of you who have read Mindblasters, and my 'Predictext' effect in there, will see how this will work really well with this effect as well.

From a workers point of view, it is easily one of the most workable and commercial routines I have come across so far, and it has gone staight into my act. With an effect like this, it isn't something you can practice by yourself, you must perform it to people, so if you are trying to get out there, get some confidence etc, then this is for you as well! Devin, top notch as always, and the instructions are first rate. There are some clever tips and ideas that can be applied to multiple effects and routines, so these are invaluable too.

My advice to people, is don't just sit there with it and wonder how it will play, or if it will fool people/fly right by etc, it will, and it will get great reactions. Have confidence and have faith. My favourite Devin Knight release yet! Just ahead of Blindsight!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
JHEFF has just posted a review of this trick on his website:
http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/Foresight.html
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Hai Devin, could this effect be worked for parlour and stage performance? If yes, it will be really good. Thanks
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
It was originally designed for stage and parlor and plays best in those conditions. On stage I use a Jumbo card as the prediction.

Devin
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
880 Posts

Profile of andykean
Can you buy this anywhere with paypal?
Thanks
Andy
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Hi Andy, I've noticed it's for sale now at Penguin, they take paypal.
This is on my wishlist Smile
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
880 Posts

Profile of andykean
Sorted bought it thanks
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Just wanna maker sure something before I place my order, is the prediction card examable?

ps: could someone please tell me where I can find a review for Devin's Blindsight?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hum... Magic Café search maybe? Smile
Ben
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 17:40, goldeneye007 wrote:
Hum... Magic Caf?search maybe? Smile

wow that was easy and I was stupid @_@
(sorry I'm new here, couldn't find the search button XD)

hmm..... is the card examable Smile?
hdragonetta
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hdragonetta
Well I think I've seen enough positive reviews here to give it a try. The price is certainly reasonable. It sounds like it packs a very powerful ending and some good byplay along the way. Can be done walkaround or parlor setting. That's a lot for the money.
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Hmm.. no one wants to answer my question?? @_@
I just wanna know if I can give out the prediction card as a souvenir?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1267 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Yes you can, it's a normal card.
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 14:19, Elcio wrote:
Yes you can, it's a normal card.

thanks a lot, my order is placed.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 17:56, waynekaobs wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 17:40, goldeneye007 wrote:
Hum... Magic Caf?search maybe? Smile

wow that was easy and I was stupid @_@
(sorry I'm new here, couldn't find the search button XD)

Hope you didn't think I was being sarcastic... because I really wasn't. Smile
Ben
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
This was demoed to me at Blackpool yesterday.

The predicted card was indeed the very same card which I choose.

BTW when I was shown the 'picture' of the many face up cards I decided on one but then CHANGED MY MIND, however the prediction card was still correct.

Gonna buy this today for sure!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I love it when that happens. Often people tell me they did change their mind yet the predicted card is still correct. It appears you had the foresight to know he would change his mind.

Devin Knight
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Wait is over...FORESIGHT is here... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL