The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Bisection By Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
How good is bisection by Andrew Mayne? Is it easy to learn? How expensive is it to make the gimmick and is the effect believable?

Thanks Smile
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Smile

Looks kinda impractical to be honest.

--Euan
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
My initial reaction upon seeing it was "WTF?" It looks like some kind of surrealistic joke. But I've heard good things from those who've purchased it. And I recently bought Andrew Mayne's "Touching Sky," and I love it. Awesome stuff.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
To be honest.

Bisection is not all that practical but it is a VERY GOOD ILLUSION. It is grand enough for stage and also the street. If you do it right, it can be a baffling and attention getting illusion.

The method may be an insult to our intelligence, I won't deny that fact. But it is a good illusion and worth performing.

Be different or follow the crowd. Smile
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
I think that Bisection is just great.

The illusion is amazing if done on stage. At the beginning I thought it was all right for the street, but I do not anymore.

On stage, no problem to my mind and huge reactions. However the illusion has to be performed quickly.

And for 15 bucks you're not gonna be cheap, just buy it !

Franfran Smile
Franfran's magic, the real French Touch!
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
If the word is Bisection..

Get it man !!! The word is Bisection. Great stuff, easy to do and magnificient.

Great illusion.

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I'm interested in purchasing this illusion for my stage production. I'm a virgin to the method, but would like to hear more opinions from people who HAVE it, of whether or not it is practical for a stage show? It sounds great, but does it restrict you later on in the show; in other words, do you have to do a costume change later? Any info would be great! Thanks!
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Dave,

You would not have to do a costume change and I don't see it as being in any way restrictive. Unfortunately, I was planning on doing it in a short show that's coming up, but due to time restraints, had to cut it out. Maybe next time!

--Jack Smile
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
Could bisection be used with pocket sawing in half?
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I don't see the point of using those to together. Bi-Section is a quick illusion, done in about 10 seconds. I think Bi-Section is a very good illusion. It is practical for stage. I recommend it.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
First off, I am the owner of Bi-Section. I built it and I use it when on a stage and it gets a great reaction. It has a great "what just happened" factor. I highly recommend this effect if you want something very cool and very visual. I can recommend this effect very much, but I want you to know that it will take some practice (everything does) and it is meant to be a quick effect.

To answer schmitty, yes you can certainly combine two of Andrew's products like that. I have heard of people doing this (or at least saying they will) and it sounds like a neat idea.

Hope that helps.

Take care,
Kyle
vootrage
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of vootrage
When I first saw this effect, it seemed as though it would be very impractical. I was mostly right. Smile
Steiner
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Steiner
Is there a site or anything that I can see Bi-Section performed??
-Dale-
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
http://www.sleightgeek.com under pocket sawing in half.
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Great job Tor, your performance is excellent. However, I'm not sure that I like it when it done so fast. I mean, I'm a magician and even if I know what is supposed to happen, I don't see anything. I know that Andrew Mayne recommended to do it fast but I think that if we would take at least 4 or 5 second the audience would have the time to realize what they are seeing (half of magician's body has disappeared).

Just a thought...

Johnny
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Where is it located at sleightgeek.com?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Quote:
On 2003-06-23 21:38, amosmc wrote:
Where is it located at sleightgeek.com?

Amos McCormick

It can be seen here:

http://www.sleightgeek.com/phpBB2/viewto......isection

Sincerely,
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Bisection has its ups and downs, however, it is a great visual effect. Just upon reading the manuscript I can tell it was thought out many times. But, the point that I don't understand is, why not use it with another illusion? This does not have to be a stand alone effect. I believe if you use it with another similar stage illusion, it would sell the bisection even farther. For those of us who are strictly stand up performers, I'm sure that you've already worked this into your routines with great success.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
This would be cool to have a laser pass through your body and cut you in half.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
The laser idea is very remnant of Copperfield's illusion by Steve Fearson. Also, Vincenzo R. has a manuscript out called Division which basically rips off this idea.

Haha, if you were just saying that to be funny. Good point. But the laser idea is DC's.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Bisection By Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL