The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vivisection Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
I found this different version of the Vivisection Illusion on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE0oKpGfra8&feature=related
What do you think??
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
Personally, I love this illusion. They performed this at the European Mandrake Awards back in 2003/4, I think. Very cool, indeed. They also have a very unique cutting in half in a telephone booth.

Matt
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
The Vivisection was revealed by the masked magician!

Have you courage to perform it?

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
There is a new version of the Vivisection that's available as a download. The design is actually very cool and has a different principle than the one exposed on the "Moron" show.

Here it is ... it's called "Vivisectioned" by Mark Parker. Look it up here on the Café. It's very cool ...

Steve
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Hello Chezaday,

Thanks for your update information. I will see this new version!

falconer
FALCONER
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 12:45, Falconer wrote:
The Vivisection was revealed by the masked magician!

Have you courage to perform it?

Falconer

If you watched the M Magician, this is not the version he exposed.
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
This isn't even close to the version the MM exposed. And really... The MM exposed many illusions over the years... hasn't stopped the Zig-Zag from being performed.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Hi Irish_matt,

By the way, today in a circus, I saw one unknown magician perform the cage where he changed the girl to a white tiger, and in the interval of the show, I heard from a lot members of the audience that the magician was in the stairs like the masked magician show recently in TV here in Portugal! . . .

The people feel indifferent at the show of the magician, almost any clap was heard! . . .

I`m sorry, but I don`t agree with your opinion.

Falconer
FALCONER
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Falconer, that's a real shame. The performer suffered 'fresh in their minds' audience realisation from the MM show, but I do believe audiences forget very quickly, and it is also a good approach to tackle the exposure head on. For instance, when people have asked me about it, I mention the forklift used for his levitation in one of the programs...I always say, "Do you really believe magicians truck a forklift around to make an illusion happen?" This helps me explain to them that his methods exposed in the program are made up for TV and are 'not' how true illusions/magic work. Even though this is not entirely true, it is a small step to spread the word to protect the art by word of mouth.

Chezaday, thank you for your kind words on my Vivisectioned manuscript. Anyone interested can email me at markparker1@mac.com to receive it.

I really enjoyed the version of Vivisection on the YouTube link. It looked very convincing from an audience point of view.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
I enjoyed watching this come to life. I have seen the plans like when Mark first was giving them out. Great illusion. I had some lay people watch it and they enjoyed the part where she was spinning. But they really didn't like how the guy stood in front of the spinning thing to insert it. It just one of those theater things you don't do what so ever and that is to put your back to the audience. It is a huge turn off especially in magic. That was the only thing. Not sure if there is any other way around that for this illusion. But just some feedback that I got and thought I share.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Hello Markparker,

Thanks for your support words. But, there are things that the people never forget:
- The new TV series ( 6 at the moment ) of the MM is in this moment in Portugal ( Europe ), in one of this series the Twister Illusion was revealed. Well, I have a very close magician friend that have one, and fallow the theory " . . .the people forget this things . . ." , at the end of his magic show, almost all audience said him that he make his illusion with mirrors like the MM exposed in TV ! . . .

How would can the magican above skirt the true of the audience ? ! . . .

I can accept your argument about the levitation, but there things that is very prejudicial for all magicians, for the example that I give you.

I totaly agree with The Mirror Images, the people say the same in any part of the world :

- I don`t like when a magician turns his back to the audience, for two reasons:

1) Education/ manners

2) It`s looks suspect this action ( and with reason )

However, I will buy your new version of Vivisection.

Hugs,

Falconer
FALCONER
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vivisection Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL