The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Voodoo Puppet Puncture (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's good!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
830 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Oh my .. that is gold. Have to work hard at not copying Brian's performance.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
If you do imitate Brian--I'm sure he will sue!
Merlyn
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Merlyn
Here is a link to the manufacturer from a year ago:

http://murphysmagiccommunity.com/profile/MichaelSchwabe
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
That may be the same link Tony posted,above!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
249 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Thread has been dead for a while, but I have a quick question. Is the method of David Merry's Accupuncture trick the same as Michael Schwabe's voodoo doll trick? I do not know the method for either, so I ask before I spend $250 on the presentation of the same trick as a $35 item.
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Great question Dorian I too wondered the same.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
249 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
I mean, no one has to tell me the method, I would just like to know if it's the same. It's a big decision.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2665 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 21:00, dorian_faust wrote:
I mean, no one has to tell me the method, I would just like to know if it's the same. It's a big decision.

?? I see David Merry's Accupuncture listed at $75, and I didn't know the puppets were still available (unless you have a line on a used one). So you're saying if they're the same, you'll buy the glove and then make a puppet?
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I actually own a puppet. The glove gives a completely different presentational angle. Once my wifes forgives me for the puppet I might purchase accupuncture.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
249 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Quote:
On 2013-07-22 01:40, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 21:00, dorian_faust wrote:

?? I see David Merry's Accupuncture listed at $75, and I didn't know the puppets were still available (unless you have a line on a used one). So you're saying if they're the same, you'll buy the glove and then make a puppet?

I was just going by the price on here ( http://www.davidmerry.com/store.html ) where it said $35. Michael Schwabe still makes the puppets, and they can be ordered by emailing him.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2665 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Good to know about the puppets.
Strangely, it lists for $75 elsewhere on his site; but the $35 paypal link works so....
Michael Schwabe
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Michael Schwabe
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 21:37, MagicOzzy wrote:
This was a trick called Voodoo Puncture Puppet by Michael Schwabe who worked at Magic Inc. and was also a puppeter, I believe he has since passed away. This was only available through Magic Inc. and is no longer available. He came up with an effect of a Voodoo Puppet that you would put your hand in, let the spectator feel your hand inside and then proceed to push a large hat pin through the center of the puppet and your hand. They could then continue pulling the need and attached thread out while feeling your hand inside! It was a cool idea, they usually now sell in the $400-$500 if you can find one, Michael hand made each one, and they are all a little different looking. The best person using one with simply the BEST routine is Brian Brushwood with his Mr. Happy Pants routine. You can see it here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvl9PZU5AU

Hope that helps

The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.
Michael Schwabe
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

I'm still alive!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 18:09, Michael Schwabe wrote:
I'm still alive!

Lol Smile
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 18:09, Michael Schwabe wrote:
I'm still alive!

Is this THE Michael Schwabe, or the Zombie Michael Schwabe?

Michael, love the voodoo puppet and have wanted to order one for some time now.
Currently, I am saving my pennies for Prof BC's latest release, but I foresee contacting you in the near future to discuss an order.
Glad to hear you are still around.
Zombie or human.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
My Voodoo Puppet Puncture arrived from Michael Schwabe on Friday. Beautiful work and great illusion.

Michael is charging $200 plus shipping and worth every penny. He worked with me each step as he built it and sent pics of progress. Very fast turn around and priority shipping with tracking. Excellent effect and service from a guy that was reportedly dead. Smile
Michael Schwabe
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure doing business with you!
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
756 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, JAlenS wrote:
My Voodoo Puppet Puncture arrived from Michael Schwabe on Friday. Beautiful work and great illusion.

Michael is charging $200 plus shipping and worth every penny. He worked with me each step as he built it and sent pics of progress. Very fast turn around and priority shipping with tracking. Excellent effect and service from a guy that was reportedly dead. Smile

Any chance you can post a picture? I would love to see your final product - the effect looks like tons of fun!
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
I want one! Anybody have an email or website for Michael Schwabe?

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Voodoo Puppet Puncture (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL