The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ghost touch and related illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shortdog
View Profile
New user
Ft. Bragg
64 Posts

Profile of shortdog
I love the ghost touch. I love the mental mechanism that lets it work. What are any other illusions similar that would go well with GT?
Thanks
-Daniel McGuinny

How do you get a magician to show you 100 tricks?
Ask him to show you one!
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Do you mean hypnotic or mentalist effects? I have used both for different types of shows. Of course, enhancing the mentalist effect with suggestion really overdrives the effect.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
shortdog
View Profile
New user
Ft. Bragg
64 Posts

Profile of shortdog
The way I saw GT was neither hypnotic or mentalism. But if I had to lean either way, Id go with mentalism.
-Daniel McGuinny

How do you get a magician to show you 100 tricks?
Ask him to show you one!
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
There's really no clear line between hypnotic or mentalism. Both utilizes concepts across each other.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
532 Posts

Profile of RSD
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 23:19, AaronishMagic wrote:
There's really no clear line between hypnotic or mentalism. Both utilizes concepts across each other.

I would love to hear you explanation on this statement.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19491 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think the explination lies in his trying like heck to get enough posts to get into certain sections of the Café'.

Everyone knows the difference in a hypnotist and a mentalist is a hypnotist puts people to sleep ON PURPOSE.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Danny, your post made my day.

Reminds me of a show I saw where the magician, before a levitation, stated, "I'm not going to use a secret technique to put my assistant into a deep trance faster than anyone else in history." He pulled out a deck and said, "Pick a card. Any card." The assistant's head fell to her chest as the audience, composed mostly of magicians, exploded into laughter.

I heard the guy next to me say, "I'm never going to do a card trick again."
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
532 Posts

Profile of RSD
Comedy gold!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19491 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well it is funny. Magicians try hypnosis, so do mentalists and all it means is they are mediorcre at one more thing.

As for mentalists/hypnotists, not even worth getting into. It is a better joke than explination if you ask me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 12:41, shortdog wrote:
I love the ghost touch. I love the mental mechanism that lets it work. What are any other illusions similar that would go well with GT?
Thanks

Do you mean Pk touches by banhacheck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ghost touch and related illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL