We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Weirds Creations ----> Good Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
I always think that all the people have creativity.
And in magic, too... all the magicians have the ability to create something, maybe not "New", but new in his/her mind.... Make sense?? Smile

For Example, one day I think ... "Maybe I have a Silver coin in the fingertips of my LH, and I let drop in FP, and the same time, the RH MP a coin, and perfectly catches."
I wake up in the 2 a.m. I try like 398 times, and 1 time looks good...
I think I will never used that idea, jaja.

And you?

bye
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Well, you certainly are correct there with the fact that EVERYBODY has creativity. I wrote a book on it that I am holding off on releasing for now, but I go into that in more detail. I have been working on these 2 effects for almost 4 years now, and still nothing has hit me since I have not thought about it much, but with the small little things surrounding me, I have come up with basic premises for the effects. Creativity will smack you in the back of the head when you're not looking. Smile

-Mark Tirone
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Pablo, that sounds familiar. Smile I miss doing things like that at 3 am in the morning. I hope to be able to start doing that again soon.

Have fun thinking and inventing.

peace.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
One day, I was watching Jeff McBride's coin video tape. I was practicing the back palm, as he mentioned. I discovered the back clip from not getting into the back palm position. I thought I invented a new position. Later on in the tape, Jeff McBride does bring up the back clip. This happened with some other position, too; can't recall what it is.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 21:41, MarkTirone wrote:
Creativity will smack you in the back of the head when you're not looking. Smile
-Mark Tirone

Mark is right, as all my work came out of such creative moments here and there. The Crimp Change opened the door, and I really thought I was going to be a one-trick pony, but along the way out came all sorts of stuff. Smile

I enjoy just thinking about magic and routinely keep a few coins on me. I think about what I would like to see, and then my mind goes about making it real. This has happened too many times over already in the things I've come up with in the way of moves, routines, thinking, psychology, etc. I wonder sometimes how I even got here, as I'm no big-timer or headliner. Smile

Actually, to me the routining is not all that difficult. It's coming up with the hammer & nail that initially builds the building. I mean to say that the actual moves, like Pablo initially describes here, is what gets me going, the mechanics if you will. Smile You come up with a few of these, and your routine materializes as you put them together, like a screwdriver and a screw and some sheet rock secured to some wood planks. See, it just builds upon itself through your continuing interest and passion.

What's great about it, IMHO, is that anyone can do it, and it's not reserved for any such hierarchy to come up with or develop. Certainly it's good to have a path to follow toward a destination, but it's the journey that is most important. As all along the way you get to stop and think about what you have experienced toward creating what you will or want to experience.

I have been real lucky I think, but just look around you as you move forward, and I believe you can do it as well. My good friend Mano here is a great example of just running with things to places most others think are unattainable. It's all about just "playing" with the coins and noticing the treasure as you kick up the sands.

Just my 2cents. Smile Happy Holidays, fellas. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
That's exactly it, MB.

-Mark Tirone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Weirds Creations ----> Good Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL