The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Extractor performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

homegrown
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of homegrown
Hi everyone,

I performed the extractor for the first time last night- I didn't rush into performance, but after some practice. However I successfully p***ed it, but had some trouble putting it into my jean pocket. I decided on a new routine though. When asked to perform, I would excuse myself for 20 sec while I get a "predictor card" and put in my back pocket- really I'm doing nothing. Once I do the routine, I place the card into my back pocket, and start guessing at their card. I would then get the cheat card and start reading, and show that .. somehow it is their card! I had some good response- but for anyone else using the extractor- what are some of your routines? And how do you effectively deposit the card into your pocket? My jean pockets are always tight, and I don't think I can get away with an outer coat pocket dump.
willgraham
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of willgraham
I, personally, would never wear jeans when using the extractor. I know exactly what you mean about the jeans being too tight, and even if you had baggy jeans it would still be difficult because jean pockets are arranged on the front of the leg (hard to get into) whereas khaki pants pockets are arranged more on the side of the hip (easy to slide into).

Back pocket is a good idea though if you absolutely love wearing jeans. Then, when you go back there to deposit the card you could act like you were pulling up your pants/ adjusting your belt (a very natural thing to do that would not set off any trigger in the spectators mind).
homegrown
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of homegrown
That is a very good idea, very natural indeed! I think jeans are just more versatile at my current age (21) Particularly in school- already think wearing a blazer/ sport coat is extra baggage sometimes, so I'm working on a modded "hoody" version of the extractor.

Cheers
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
You can also use Extractor and end your routine with "paperclipped" http://www.sankeymagic.com/SearchResult.......rclipped from Jay Sankey....you have a real killer routine and don't need any pocket to the "signed card" at all.

-Morten-
homegrown
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of homegrown
Oooh that's an idea! I was thinking about purchasing that next time I'm at my magic shop. The other option was "in a flash" which I think looks really cool, but I've heard that you start & end clean with paperclipped- which is always nice =)

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Extractor performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL