The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Joel Ward’s Dove Tub Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Joel Ward’s Dove Tub Illusion http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/storefront......evstart=

Anyone has it?

What's the impact with the public?

Do the doves fit comfortably in there?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Definitely do not own it but I see lots potential for this where body loads aren't possible. I do think more people would own it if the price was lower.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I've seen Joel do this for years, we competed against each other a few times back when we were young teenagers and he had it in the show and it always got a great reaction. I would love to use this in my kid's shows - I can kind of understand the price as I think he makes these by hand and it is kind of like his "signature" thing in his dove act...

I know it is very easy to do and the dove is very comfortable and in a natural position in there...
DANSPERRY.COM
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Thanks sperris!
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Actually the price is much much lower now.

I am very lucky to buy directly from Joel Ward in April 2006, Joel owns the #1...mine is #2, think I am the first guy who bought from him then, the price at that time increased the US$499.00 per unit.

Now Tony sells for US$299.00...that is US$200.00 off for those who got the #3, #4 from Joel directly 2.5 years back...though at that time comes with an aluminium pad case to protect the investment.

Though I heard Tony improve the parts..making it more sturdy, personally I still prefer the original 2.5 years back as at that time cos Joel personally hand craft every single parts himself so is more valuable since he is the creator.

Now Tony mass produced it so the price is so much cheaper now.....but this has to be done on stage....not really advisable for close up...hope this helps:)
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
HELLO Joe! Long time no see!!
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Bro Smile see you at SAM Jan meeting ya Smile
Tony Clark
View Profile
V.I.P.
118 Posts

Profile of Tony Clark
Please note that Tony Clark is not mass producing them. They are made one by one by hand. The price should really be a lot more. Just trying to help Joel out. It's a really nice piece.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Thanks for the discussion and bringing this effect up. I hadn't been aware of it before. Sounds intriguing.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I thought I would bring this topic back to life. Is this product still being made, and if so where can it be purchased? It is no longer on Tony's site.

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Joel Ward’s Dove Tub Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL