The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bettie Page's passing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
251 Posts

Profile of Michael K
I know this is a little off topic, but Bettie Page died yesterday. While reading the newspaper I found out where she got her start. And her comment afterward seems to nicely reflect some of the performers of our ilk. -- Michael

From USA Today 12/12/08 http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008......it_N.htm

Page's career began one day in October 1950 when she took a respite from her job as a secretary in a New York office for a walk along the beach at Coney Island. An amateur photographer named Jerry Tibbs admired the 27-year-old's firm, curvy body and asked her to pose.

Looking back on the career that followed, she told Playboy in 1998: "I never thought it was shameful. I felt normal. It's just that it was much better than pounding a typewriter eight hours a day, which gets monotonous."
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
It sounds-like her life was pretty screwed up. Nothing like taking advantage of someone with a mental illness.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 09:42, Kevin Connolly wrote:
Nothing like taking advantage of someone with a mental illness.

The Magic Café is guilty of this too. It gives people with mental illnesses a place to waste time that they could use to better themselves. My imaginary friend told me that.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
He's not your friend. He just says that, because he wants something.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I enjoyed Bettie's photos, but always though she was a sub-par escape artist. She never got out of any of the ropes she was tied up in without help.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hey I would have helped her willing ly - regardless of being a good EA or not....
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 10:28, Harley Newman wrote:

So, he is just like all my friends...except you Harley.

And if anyone is wondering about my avatar, that is a picture of me taken when the moon was full.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I've never wanted anything in my whole life, and I've always told the truth, because my spirits tell me so. And Doug doesn't really make those things, because there's no such thing as gaffs. He finds them in one of those secret coastal California caves, or a hidden valley. I think it's a place where they dessicate old movie stars. I know there's a connection.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 10:59, Todd Robbins wrote:
Quote:

And if anyone is wondering about my avatar, that is a picture of me taken when the moon was full.

Tonight the moon if fuller and brighter than it has been in years. Stay indoors Todd.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 10:59, Todd Robbins wrote:
Quote:

Was it cloudy that night? Smile

Tonight's moon is AWESOME! (Very close to the earth I've been told)

So was Betty Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
What Betty was in orbit but very close to the Earth?

Or did you mean Awesome?

Having Googled her - I think you mean the second - but only as a metaphor for "blooming sexy"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bettie Page's passing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL