The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Steve Spill's Mindreading Goose. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..22~23~24 [Next]
EddieGoldstein
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of EddieGoldstein
So much has been said about the Goose in this thread, there is hardly more to say other than it is a great trick.

I worked with Steve at the Brookfarm Inn when he was developing it. He is a true magical genius. I'm referring to Geyser the goose, of course. How he knows how much money is in the guy's pocket, I'll never know. I always felt that Geyser could have been a star, but Steve held him back.
And now I read that there is more than one Geyser. That's like saying that there was more than one Lassie. (There was only one Lassie, right???)

Actually, as with all of Steve's routines, the goose is a perfect balance of funny material, a good story line, funny looking props, and excellent magic. And, the natural handling and "cover" for doing the secret stuff is built into the props and the routine.

I've seen Steve do the routine countless times and it always kills. What's more, it works for adult audiences or kid audiences. And Steve has always been meticulous about his magic. After all, he comes from a magic family, grew up at the Magic Castle, and learned from the greats of magic since he was a kid. The result is that he really understands magic and entertainment, and builds that understanding into his tricks. So, if you are looking for a trick that is great to begin with, and if you are then willing to add your own personality to it, you will have a gem.

By the way, I am one of the only performers who ever saw Steve do the Mind Reading Teddy Bear. He and I were working some private gig in a hotel back east. This is during the Brookfarm Inn days. When we get to the hotel, he realized that he had forgotten the goose. All they had in the hotel gift shop were Teddy Bears. So, after several hours in the hotel room, rigging up the Teddy Bear so it would pee, we went out to do the show. The routine is so strong, that he killed even with the Teddy Bear. But, it was no where nearly as good as the Goose, because the Goose is a funny prop to begin with.

I highly recommend it.

Ya know, it is a wonderful business that we are all in. How many people, as part of their job, have to rig up a Goose so it will pee?
Fred Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Fred Johnson
Most magicians present mindreading tricks very seriously, which is precisely why I like this more modern comedy approach to mentalism. I just saw the show at Magicopolis this past weekend - see my review under "The marquee says..."

The audience didn't think the goose puppet had super normal powers, but they definitely thought Spill did. The routine is the product of vast peforming experience and it was a solid five minutes without a single dull moment.

Spill gave me a close look at the goose, which has been devised, developed, and hand constructed from scratch - not customized from an existing manufactured puppet. I wanted to go home with a Mindreading Goose that day, but I had to order from Bob Kohler, which I've just done.

I witnessed first hand the power of the Mindreading Goose and am anxious to present this routine to stun and dazzle any and all who turn out to see me perform. Neither Bob or Steve paid me to post this, I just wanted to share my excitement.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I have to agree Fred. This routine is a gem. Just once in my life I hope to come up with something so funny and magical. It's one thing to have some jokes to do while a trick is performed, but to have a routine where the magic itself is deceiving and funny at the same time is a total rareity. I've been fighting with ordering this, but it is a bit out of my budget right now. However, I'm sure it would help me sell my act better and get more bookings. It's a real catch-22 for me. Anybody want to buy tons of old VHS tapes? It would not only clean out my garage, but it could help add an amazing 10 minutes to my act. Smile

Thanks,
Richard
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Hi Fred,
Thanks for posting the positive comments. Steve's show is not to be missed.
The Mindreading Goose is a PROVEN killer. Lot's of new magic is released every day.
But it a rare product that comes out that has been refined, performed and tested by a top professional
performer.

The Mindreading Goose is one such gem. It's a routine that has lasted over two decades for Steve.
Getting The Mindreading Goose isn't a purchase, it's an investment in your show that will get you bookings and repeat bookings.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Smith
Last night was the night, my maiden voyage with both the needles and the goose. I'll save my needles comments for the other thread. The Mindreading Goose was my opening. When the thought of number 2 was revealed the applause was deafening. The "You were thinking of the letter P" comment was a huge laugh, and when I followed with the "Glad nothing happened when the first guy thought of number 2" it brought the house down. This played so funny that I thought going for the change in the pocket would be anti-climatic so I ended at that point. The audience was made up of friends and work peers so it is hard to say if the reaction was over the top for that reason or not, but it felt really good.
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

It's been 48 hours and I'm sill getting compliments for my show. This was a once a year weekend event. Everyone said farewell today and made a point to stroke me again about my act, what an ego boost. I've been performing at this thing for years, this is the best I've ever done thanks to the goose and the needles. Steve and Bob are the best.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Jonathan, thanks for the kind words. How many people were in your audience.
One of the many strong points about Steve's masterpiece is it can play for both small and extremely large audiences.

It also very gratifying to hear of your success with a new routine that gets reactions on your very first performance.

Honestly, I'm not surprised though as Steve's routines always really work in the real world.

I highly recommend that anyone who does the routine to first learn it word for word and do it for a bunch of shows before attempting to make any changes. I think you'll discover that Steve has already perfected the routine.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Hi Bob, about 300 in the audience, 150 industry folks and their spouses. I was the after-banquet entertainment. This was actually about half the folks that usually attend our convention, less attendance due to the economy I guess. Small riser type stage, hotel ballroom, mostly the same people every year, they all know me. Fun, fun fun.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The Goose gives up the goods anywhere!
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Time to update my gratitude list since my last post. Thanks for the positive Goose feedback: L. Davidson, Nicholas D, Ladirector, N. Allen, K. Dumm, D. Chayce, Risto L.,J. Smith, M. McEathron, E# Goldstein, Rt. Green...
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I second the thanks...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
You've got to read Suando's post about Steve's other killer routine "Confessions of a Needle Swallower."
All of Steve's routines pack an incredible amount of professional entertainment. See for yourself...

Here's the link: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=60
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
A new flock of Geese has arrived at BKP!
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I cannot get Bob Kohler's web site to work, anyone know anything about this?
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I just got an email from Bob Kohler. His website is being revamped at the moment.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Convention photos were just published in our company newsletter and there's a picture of me on stage with the peeing goose. Part of the caption under the photo reads "...birds of a feather flock together."
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
After much trepidation, I have decided to sell my Mind Reading Goose, which has never been taken out of the package. If you are interested, and want to save a few bucks, PM me.

e
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
Because of my success with the Needles it was absolutely necessary that I aquire a Mindreading Goose. Eric, if you made your post a little sooner I world have PM'd you. I would have liked to save a few bucks, but my Goose just arrived. Even though I paid the normal price I'm still very happy. I think this Goose is a winner.
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

I've been using the goose/needles combo and all I can say is that you have at least ten to fifteen minutes of guaranteed astonishment, laughs, and enthusiastic applause.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Steve Spill material rules. Hopefully Steve will release some more of his gems this year!
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Steve Spill's Mindreading Goose. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL