The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which Rand Woodbury Book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusionist11
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Illusionist11
What Rand Woodbury book contains the plan for the Double Flash Appearance? Also, in one of the Illusionworks, it mentions that it has the plan for Suspended Animation. Is this the same as Hans Kolk's version? One more question: What book that is authored by Woodbury has the most information? The base book, one of the Illusionworks, or the Diversions. I would like the book to have many plans...thanks!
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
The books don't really have plans perse as they do have layouts of ideas. On most of the books there are no measurements as those are yours to figure out. There may be one or two ideas that have any measurements at all but the rest are just ideas that Rand created. You were asking which book is the best or has the most information. I think you would be best to get all the books as they are all good and great information. I have had my copies for years and love to peruse them for different ideas from time to time.

Robert
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
It is unlikely Illusionworks has the plans for the Suspended Animation you are referring to as that is John Taylor's illusion. Rand shares different things in his different books for different purposes. Illusionworks series are more idea/ effects intensive with very clear drawings but not much specific dimenisons or material lists. Diversions has less illusions but more in depth explanations and text. Base book is just all about bases but a must-read if you are intending to build a base or for fundamental illusion knowledge.

For multiple plans, see Mark parker's 4E Illusion Design, JC Sum's Illusionary Departures and Andrew Mayne's Illusion Book (although Mayne's are mainly ideas with not much building details)
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
"Suspended Animation" is from Illusionworks Vol. 3. It is an entirely different effect than John Taylor's Suspended Animation. Rand's illusion is loosely based on the Mis-Made and Stack of Boxes Illusions. It really is a wonderful Illusion, as with most of his ideas. If you want actual blueprint plans, I really would not recommend the Mark Parker book quite yet. Those Illusions are very, very good. But, a lot of them are not easy to build. I would start with the Owen/Thayer plans, or Osborne's plans.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which Rand Woodbury Book? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL