The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Future (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calgarianpimp
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of calgarianpimp
What kind of illusions are people expecting to see in the future? There is mad enough stuff out already. If some one could give me some sort of idea on what is to come out, please let me know.

Is there anything out there for a self visual vanish, not just a poof you're gone, an actual like seeing all the molecules leave your body? Thank you please help. Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Sigfreid and Roy do a somewhat visual vanish of a female where she turns her back and a flash of light and smoke and she is gone ... does anyone know the name of this effect or is it all Sigfreid and Roy? I know how it is done and don't have my own stage but want to know about it for the future.
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Although it's not new, the Pepper's Ghost or Blue Room Illusion is a very visual vanish (or production) where the person just seems to visibly melt into or out of existence.
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
Lance Burton has a girl walk past him, turn, and disappear ... ala deKolta's chair without the chair.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I believe you are referring to the Maskot Moth illusion.

Mike
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
In the Future, I'll still be performing good old fashioned Illusions. Please keep in mind that the classic magic we grew up performing should never be forgotten, but improved upon and re-invented.
If its not Broke! Don't Fix it!!

Sincerely Magic Johnathon
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
Paul Mazzoni
View Profile
New user
Chicago
13 Posts

Profile of Paul Mazzoni
Hello,

I have never heard of the Pepper's Ghost or Blue Room Illusion. Is there a company that sells that or somewhere I can see it performed. It sounds interesting please give more details. Thanks.

Magicaly,
Paul Mazzoni
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Pepper's Ghost or the Blue Room is a very old illusion using reflective surfaces in order to produce ghostlike images that can interact with mere mortals.

There is a demonstration of it in one of the Magic Specials, I think it was Magic's Hidden Secrets hosted by Richard Urich - these are occasionally run again on Fox or ABC Family.

Check out the November Issue of Genii with Jim Steinmeyer on the cover. I believe it was he who helped bring this wonderful (but highly complicated and impractical for a traveling show) illusion into the 21st century. While the Blue room I believe may be mentioned briefly, this is the man to know about for anyone truly interested in large scale illusions, along with John Gaughn.

A few years back one of the magic magazines did an entire article on the recreation of that effect for that magic special. Maybe someone here could find the reference for you.

It is nothing you are going to go out and buy. It is an old classic.

BTW - The principle has been used in ghost mansions in various theme parks.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Calgarianpimp,
Robert Harbin invented or had some interest in the Blue Room/Pepper's Ghost illusion and built a cabinet that could be done on stage where he would make a spectator turn invisible.

It happened right before their eyes. Seigfried and Roy did a example of this in their show where they have an aquarium and a mermaid or a girl or whatever lol appears and dissapears visibly inside the aquarium. It was astounding. You can get the ideas from The Magic of Robert Harbin.

Robert Long
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
In the future people will be doing magic. I mean some things will fade and some will stay. No telling what's coming. Magic will change and stay the same as it always has.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Future (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL