The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Drumhead (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
417 Posts

Profile of krowboom
I have a drumhead tube and would like to know the best way to present this. I usually perform on a Lefler pro table and there usually are no other props on the table other than a wand. Thanks for your help.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Use it as a transition effect in where you use the silks...its a nice prop, use it with music. If you are interested in present with a patter, explain it as a weird invention that you found or something like that!
I hope this help a little bit,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3470 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2008-12-14 17:36, krowboom wrote:
I have a drumhead tube and would like to know the best way to present this. I usually perform on a Lefler pro table and there usually are no other props on the table other than a wand. Thanks for your help.

Is yours a small drum head tube (for one or two smaller silks) or a larger one for a stage-size silk production?

Julie
krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
417 Posts

Profile of krowboom
It is a larger one, 6 1/2 inches with a double load capacity.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3642 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Can you add a folding chair to your set? You could have the drumhead load on a small tray on back of the chair - produce a few silks and drape them over the chair, do something else, show the tube, walk over and pick up the silks and at the same time load your tube. Make sense?

Jim
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
The best way to present it would depend on several important variables that we would need to know:

1- Are you doing it silently to music or are you using patter?

2- What other tricks/routines are you doing that could hide the gimmick(s)?

3- Why do you wish to produce silks? Are you going to use them in some other routine?

4- If you are using patter, how are justifying the use of what is really an odd thing to have, to whit, a metal tube that has no apparent purpose? What purpose do you propose for it?

Best,
Brad Burt
krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
417 Posts

Profile of krowboom
Brad,
To answer your questions, 1-I am using patter. 2-Most tricks I do don't usually stay on the table. I suppose I could put a production box on the table which I sometimes use to segue into other routines. 3-The silks produced would not be used in other routines. Are you suggesting I use a load that would be used in a subsequent trick? 4-Lastly, my justification for having a metal tube is to show something magical namely the production of something from an empty tube. Any suggestions based on this would be appreciated.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Drumhead (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL