The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Illusions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I'm preparing the new show, and I'm looking for new illusions!
Any ideas?
Thanks
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
For working where?? Cruise ships?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Yes, Hector...!
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Luca Volpe!!!!!

I am such a BIG FAN!!! I love watching your performances.

Anyway, have you considered any kind of story or theme to tie your illusions together for the show?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi, Lothar...thanks for your kind words!!
About your question, for now I'm just looking for something really new. I'm about to change all the show. I will keep just the Suspended Animation ( as closing illusion ) and the Multilevel Magic, and maybe some small one like Modern Art...
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
How big is the ship you are working on? How about a Million Dollar Mystery, or something like that?? That's not new for us, but for the audience. It produces a HUGE effect on them...
Or, a Willie Kennedy's helicopter production...
Shadow Vision, Bo Staff...

Best wishes!
I miei migliori desideri!

Hec.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The vanishing ship? Seriously, why not contact http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com and see what he can do for you?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hello, Hector!
Yes, the ship is big, but NOT the back stage...actually, many ships have this problem!!
Pete, yes, I am already in contact with Bill smith and Jim Steinmeyer. They are very kind people.
About the vanishing ship...can be nice...the problem are the passengers!!!
:)
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Luca Volpe, maybe this is not so new but a fresh style: Eclipse, 180 Illusion Marc Parker, Vivisection, Empty Spaces, Saw Girl by J.D.Bass.

Click here to view attached image.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Empty Spaces illusion from Oz illusions.

serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Vivisection illusion.

serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Jim Steinmeyer's Op Art Illusion.

serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Also: Appearing Lady - D.Robinson, Foul Play - D.Summers. Sincerely, Serg.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi, Serg, thanks!
I already have contact with Mark Parker about the 180 Illusion. That, I think, will be one of the illusions that I need...in fact, there are many spikers around, but this one looks really different!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Since you don't have a big back stage, check out The Web. Excellent walk-thru effect and a very effective illusion. Stores very nicely backstage and plays huge.

http://www.dream-illusions.com/

Also, check out Tim Clothier. He does some nice original work: http://www.illusionprojects.com/

Best,

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
I hope Steinmeyer doesn't see the rip-off version of 'his' origami illusion on your website! (Why not buy a genuine one from Gaughan or Wellington, instead of buying new illusions for your show? Smile )
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi Rafael
that origami is not mine, I used for one season becouse the ship where I was, was small.The illusion that I have are from Bill Smith ( Suspended animation ) Magic Makers and also the master prediction system is the original from Malloy.
Anyway, if you want to check how many magicians have an origami that is NOT original I think you need one year to tell everyone...
In Italy, sadly, the situation is different just me and few others we buy original illusion, but you need also to think that in the USA for example the standard is different and the money also, there are big production that in Italy is impossible to have!
Cheers
Luca
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
513 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Great, that you buy original stuff! That´s the correct way - go on with that. And you get full support for that. But I disagree

Quote:
On 2008-12-16 13:15, lucavolpe wrote:
Anyway, if you want to check how many magicians have an origami that is NOT original I think you need one year to tell everyone...
- that´s no argument and no excuse...

Quote:
On 2008-12-16 13:15, lucavolpe wrote:
..., but you need also to think that in the USA for example the standard is different and the money also, there are big production that in Italy is impossible to have!
- that´s also no argument and no excuse...

And also saying, that the ship was small is no argument for supporting rip-offs.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Are not excuse.. is just the reality...and sometime you need to found something at the last minute for work...anyway Im not happy either..How you think I fell when I see one rip-offs of my illusion?..after I have spent thousand of euro?...
Anyway is not my problem becouse I buy just original illusions, and Im proud of this!
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Illusions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL