The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cataclysmic Coin: Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Effect: Performer displays a penny at his fingertips. INSTANTLY and VISIBLY the penny CHANGES to a JUMBO PENNY! No sleight of hand, jumbo coin may be examined, 100% mechanical, learn in minutes, can be performed in short sleeves, complete with all necessary gimmicks. Jumbo penny measures approximately 2 inches in diameter. Photo illustrated instructions.

Cataclysmic Penny
Price: $10.95

This is a sleight free transposition of a normal regular penny into a 2 inch penny. Simple to do, the gimmick does most of the work. It is fast and visual.As described you show a normal penny at the fingertips and place it into your other outstretched empty hand where is visually changes into a "jumbo" 2 inch penny which can immediately be handed out, you are totally clean here. Reset is fast and will be ideal for table hopping. This is a quickie.It is also available in a nickel and quarter and I would reccomend the quarter as its larger and easier to see yet handles the same as the penny version when performing it.Available at bobsolarimagic.com
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
This sounds cool.
I wish there was a demo to see it.
Does the design of the jumbo penny look the same as a penny?
Sometimes these coins have fake designs that look like a poor attempt at trying to resemble the design of the real coin.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Any jumbo penny can be used/substituted as this in not gaffed at all.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I have one coming to me. I will review when it arrives.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I have ordered and am waiting on mine. Hopefully I will get it before Christmas.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I agree, this visual change from "small coin" to "jumbo coin" (whether it be a penny, nickel or quarter) is super clean. The jumbo coin can be examined and your hands are empty afterwards. And what impresses me the most, as always with Bob Solari's effects, is that the gimmick is made very well and does what it's supposed to do.

And yes, it's definitely a quickie that you can use in restaurants, close-up, etc. with a fast reset. The instructions are detailed with photos, and include performance and handling tips.
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
I just recieved this and agree with what Rizzo and Digitaltrip said.

Super easy to do and very visual. I like it.

I got the penny version and the jumbo coin looks very good for the low price of the effect.

It's always nice dealing with Bob. The effects he comes up with seem to always appeal to me and they are priced right. Fast shipping to. Thanks Bob !
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I have been playing around with this for a little while now. The change is very visual and you are left clean (good thing.) The props are well made and easy to work with (good thing.) You could do it 360, but I think there are certain angles that are better than others (good thing.)

All in all, you cannot go wrong for the price. Will this trick get you a prime-time special on NBC.....no. But is it a nice little trick for kids or walk-around....yes. I recommend using it as a throw-away. Sort of....here is a coin, actually, I'll make it bigger (magic happens) and now watch this (and then launch into another effect.)

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Got it today and it is a great little pocket trick. Can carry it and be ready to perform at a moments notice. Worth the price for this little gem
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
I ordered this after I had read the initial review and surprised that I got it so quickly with the holiday mail etc - this is a nice little effect and the best part is that I usually work with quarters more than anything else; Bob has this available in quarter size so I have just ordered it. Nice quality gimmick you get and you can work this pretty much anywhere; I've had great success with it so far over the couple of dozen times I've done it for people so far. Worth a look at bobs site http://www.bobsolarimagic.com
vinwiesel
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of vinwiesel
Can somebody put up a video clip demo of this on youtube? Id really like to see it Smile thanks!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
With all the positive reviews so far and the very reasonable cost, it is worth a purchase even without any video posted.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I agree with Rizzo about not needing a demo.... and don't let the affordable cost fool you... this effect is a winner, I can see how this can be done in all areas of magic; close-up, stand up to stage....you'll laugh when you do it in the mirror and your audience will be stunned. Fun+Easy+Visual+Bob Solari= A Winner!!!

Junior
J Rodriguez
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi I just received my "cataclysmic coin ", from Bob Solari. I have to agree with all of the other post . The effect is fast,visual, and the change is a surprise, . The props are very well made especially the gimmick. This is an excellent effect with well made props at more than a fair price. Also Bob does have a video demo up now. I should mention like all of Bob Solari's effects they are great in effect ,well made, and so easy to do. He has come up with effects that allow you to focus on presentation rather than sleights without charging a lot and without compromising effect!
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
How does this compare with Greg Wilson's Dishonest Abe? That ends clean, too- and there's a few changes. Is this effect worth getting if I already own,use the Wilson effect?
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi I am sorry but I am not familiar with that effect. Since Cataclysmic coin is so reasonable it may be worth it. Check out the video on Bob Solari's site. Good luck! Anthony
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Gradeachuck, the Wilson effect is a mini routine, this is a fast 1 coin transpo completely differnt. Bob does offer Strange Change (check it out on his sight bobsolarimagic.com)which is a mini routine worth checking out. This comes complete and is visual.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Thanks, Rizzo. Dumb question- how is Cataclysmic coin different/better than a good ol' B.B. Switch?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Honestly sleights are usualy the way to go. Good question, the BB Switch will accomplish a transpo true. The difference with Bob's effect is you are left completely clean at end.
fishmagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of fishmagic
Is the jumbo coin supplied plastic?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cataclysmic Coin: Bob Solari (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL