The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Smoke in glass: Vito Lupo or Xavier Tapies? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Alexander
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong / UK
68 Posts

Profile of George Alexander
Hi,

I've searched and read many posts on the Café but I still have a question:

What is the main difference in method between the Vito Lupo version and the Xavier Tapies ( http://www.plasplasplas.com/shop/product......s_id=239 ) version?

Thanks

George
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
DUDE!

I have the LUPO version after watching the video that went with the Tapies version - BUY the Tapies version!!!

Lupo's is great for what I do but you can not show the whole glass. Not to get all the arm chair want to be magicians upset, I will speak in code - the do hicky that does all the dirty work is mounted on the outside of the glass and is hidden by the handling.

Where the Tapies version you can show the whole glass. Which is cleaner. The only thing I would double check is the chemicals used to make the smoke. I know that Lupo's version you can find the sneaky stuff at any hobby/toy store - Just make sure that is the case for the other. You don't want to mess with HCl.
George Alexander
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong / UK
68 Posts

Thanks Smile I've ordered the Tapies version.

George
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Signor Blitz,

Where can you get the Vito Lupo version, if still available ?

Thanks.

Oliver.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2231 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I used to have the Vito Lupo version which I bought for around US$200 a long time ago. You have to conceal the 9V battery in your hand while holding the glass. It worked well all the time for me. The smoke was instant and good enough.

The Xavier Tapies version: is it electronic or chemicals used. From the photo provided, it looks like a chemical version.

The problem with chemical versions, is the smoke is sometimes not enough and the odor is terrible.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
I watched the video and if you watch the performance you will see the suspicious move. It uses the same method just a different delivery system. If you look at the enlarged picture of the chem it is the same as Vitos. The pictures/vid tell you all you should need.
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Ehhhhh, first of all no one should be explaining methods here, and 2 regardless of what you think you saw on the video, Tapies is clean and not the same . And you are incorrect as the "delivery" system as you put it is the same, the "mechanics I a way ,are different. So It's up to your personal handling. I know Vito's never fails. But I do like the other glass as well. the video is only suspicious because he did unnecessary handling and you think you see something that has nothing to do with it. How do I know. I know both creators and have seen up close both methods. Man I'd I thought I had a method every time I saw a video and a move that bothered me ... well...
Again please don't put down as "fact" when it is only speculation.....Later "D"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thelastat ?? Heheh... nice to see you here. See you live in March! Looking forward to seeing your new act.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
George Alexander
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong / UK
68 Posts

I'm very impressed with the Tapies version; it's reliable, practical and gets big reactions. If anyone has any questions then send an e-mail to Xavier - he's very helpful and proud of his products. Best, George
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 01:22, Pete Biro wrote:
Thelastat ?? Heheh... nice to see you here. See you live in March! Looking forward to seeing your new act.

Thanks Pally. No chicks no birds. No stress... D
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7554 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Thelestat?..

Flowers and silks do not need permits and can be loaded much longer than birds...I am sure I will catch the new act down the road some time.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 19:58, hugmagic wrote:
Thelestat?..Flowers and silks do not need permits and can be loaded much longer than birds...I am sure I will catch the new act down the road some time.
Richard

Hey well thanks to you I have the bomb digging bomb of a silk winder Smile . Best, D
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7554 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It also works great as riot gear in rough neighborhoods.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Hey James,

I wasn't giving away any methodology here. I stated it uses the same method and I meant the delivery system being different as it was not the same setup as Vitos where it has to be concealed. We are on the same page. Looking back I can see the possible confusion.

J
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
What is wrong with the Fred Kaps version?????????? Howard
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
I do not have the Vito Lupo's version but I saw before & is very well made.

Currently I own 2 sets from Xavier(Spain), this version is wonderful(The BEST!) & his customer service is also very good.

There is a 3rd version, carried by UGM(Japan) made by Jun Takaheshi. I bought 2 months back,it comes with a nice small wooden base, the cup exactly the same as Xavier & gimmick build just like the Xavier's version but different delivery system ...simply place the cup on the small attractive wooden base(with delivery system build in it & cover with cloth, no suspicious move.

Personally I still prefer the Xavier version...hope this helps Smile
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 12:58, thelestat wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 01:22, Pete Biro wrote:

Thanks Pally. No chicks no birds. No stress... D

James-

As a professional corporate entertainer here in Auckland-
I would Just like to say thanks for a truely great act you have, while on tour
with the World Festival of Magic in Dec 2008 here in NZ & Australia-Thank you

Your current act is elegant, class & was very entertaining
& still talked about by many Lay audience guests we took to the shows

As this post started-the smoke in Glass with smoking Thumb you performed was fabulous to watch!!

Thanks again & best wishes for your shows in 2009

Regards

-Brent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Smoke in glass: Vito Lupo or Xavier Tapies? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL