The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The S.O.S. Coin Production by Tim David (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
A pretty clean looking coin production. What do you guys think?

http://www.timdavidmagic.com/sos.html
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Looks pretty good. I have a feeling it's one of those "youtube only tricks" where the method is impractical for the real world. I'll wait for a good review
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I'm sure its unrelated but the guys elbows glued to his side bothered me for some reason lol.

other stuff he has released was less then so so.

in any case, whats the point of it? If during a paid show I poped out a coin and said "thank you" I doubt they would be happy. are we not supposed to be entertaining? that seems a forgotten concept
pjpastir
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of pjpastir
I agree, the elbow and wrist angles and the view from front on, something just hits me off !!! however maybe it was just a quick made demo?? or if you had people in the shot from different angles watching I would have to give this a serious look
My 2 cents, but still curious !!!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I just noticed this thread - and yes it's a year later - but I have this DVD, and I think it has merit for the restaurant worker. The coin production is angle sensitive from the side, but that is not a problem standing at a table. It's a clever use of the gimmick (but I'm not a "coin man" so I'm not positive it hasn't been done this way before). With practice one can look quite casual. The elbows and angles is not really an issue (except if viewing from the side). If you saw Tim, you'd know that he's quite slim, and this is why he has this "narrow stance". This bare-handed production really does shock the spectator. Tim directs his ads and instructions style maybe too much towards the beginner, and sometimes gets interpreted as "unprofessional" by the "pros".

Just one worker's opinion.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
There don't seem to be too many reviews, so I thought I would chime in.

I also have this, and I think it is very good and has a lot of potential. I have been doing magic for decades and I have never run across this method. Having said that, I think the method is really excellent! Although the demo's show wierd elbow angles, that is not totally necessary.

As dduane said, there is some angle sensitivity, but it really isn't that big of an issue. I think Tim is at a disadvantage given he is SO thin, but this effect would only be easier for most people who are not as thin as him.

Excellent DVD that I believe should be in the arsenal of anyone who is interested AT ALL in coin magic.

KJ
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Chris Ballinger ( he's thin ) performing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-SzjOnc......embedded

it wouldn't something I'd get, but it may appeal to others.
©NathanaelBergenMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Warszawa, Poland
105 Posts

Profile of ©NathanaelBergenMagic
I'll just leave this here...

http://youtu.be/8s4CFcMlBv0?t=11m17s
"Oh, you have an opinion? Let me delete that for you." ~ the magic cafe
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Lol. I don't believe Dave and Craig ever had that much fun in a review show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The S.O.S. Coin Production by Tim David (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL