The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SECRET OF THE "SPIRIT GLASS" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi All,

I would like to inform members of the Magic Cafe Forum, specially thoese who were interested in the Spirit Glass topic that the complete secret to the Spirit Glass has been published in the TLP Magic e-zine, VOL. 2, No. 6 on March 9, 2002.

I have been receiving a large number of e-mails on the subject from members of the Magic Cafe as well as other magicians from all over the world. My e-mail box is full. I will be replying to your mails as soon as possible. Kindly do bear with me.

I would also like to thank all of you for the keen interest shown in the "Spirit Glass" effect.

Thank you once again.

From India with Regards,

USTAAD.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
Ustaad: Thank you so much for your generosity. Hunter
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hello magic friend Hunter,

Thank you very much for appreciating the Spirit Glass effect. This is one of those effects which can be performed purely as a magical and/or as a mentalism effect.

With warm regards.

USTAAD
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Sorry to ask but whats the effect?
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Sorry to ask but whats the effect?
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Yeah, I also inetersting,pls tell us the effect.

Thanks in advance.
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
In short, a metal glass is placed mouth down on a glass surface. The magician concentrates and the glass starts to move around the surface. It is available free at the Learned Pig website in that issue of the newsletter.

http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I've seen Mark Edward do some very interesting work with glasses. I don't know if he put it into one of his books.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Hey, that's awesome! I love this kind of magic. Reminds me of Penomnenon a little.
Thanks Narendra!
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Lubor Fiedler put something out that was interesting about 15 years ago. I don't know if it uses a similar principle. The magician could be across the stage from the glass when it moved.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
A nice effect.

- Sam
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thank you all for your renewed interest in the Spirit Glass effect. The effect was first published in The Learned Pig Project e-Zine (Vol. 2 No. 6--March 9, 2002) and later in a book 'The Best of TLP e-Zine'.

The Spirit Glass is almost an impromptu effect. It is not necessary to use a metal (stainless steel) glass. A molded glass tumbler will also do the trick. I selected a steel tumbler for two reasons:-

1. Steel being a good conductor of heat & hence it helps the glass to move sooner. With a glass tumbler, for the same surrounding conditions, the time will increase by say approx 15%.

2. For a stronger material misdirection (as I term it Smile) [along with a flat mirrored glass].

Lubor Fiedler uses a chemical for the glass to move. The glass starts to moves almost instantaneously.

The Spirit Glass uses nothing (sort of Smile). There is sufficient time lag before the glass moves giving you time for the patter/ story line & to create THAT spooky atmosphere.

Thank you all for the kind words. They are a source of encouragement & inspiration. Much appreciated. THANK YOU!

Here is (a teaser) something new that I have been working on for the past two years. Finally I have perfected the trick. I have (for now) named the effect Ghost of Rwanda.

Ghost of Rwanda is based on Mr. Richard Osterlind's ‘SOLID GHOST’ & similar other effects. The props are almost the same but the method is new & different. The effect remains the same.

Ghost of Rwanda looks wonderful & very spooky and plays great. You show an almost see-through hank (on both sides) fluttering under the breeze of the fan. Lay the hank on the table and fold the four corners trapping a spirit. You slowly start to take control of the trapped ghost. The ghost’s heart starts to beat. The hank moves up & down in a very slow & natural rhythm. Then suddenly the spirit want’s to get freed. It starts to jump erratically. You try and calm the spirit. The spirit calms down & slowly its heart beat start to fall & dies down. The hank is once again normal. The hank, without much fuss, can be given out for examination.

Unlike similar Ghost Hank effects, at no stage during the entire effect you touch the hank. Only your presence is needed to control the trapped spirit in the hank. EASY to do. No threads - No wires – No loops. Smile

Happy thinking! Smile Smile

Till then . . .

Kind regards to all.

Smile

P.S. I have yet to decide whether to keep the effect to myself or to give it out with full construction detail to the elite members of the MagicCafé. But before doing so, I might have to take permission from Mr. Osterlind.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
I LOVE THIS KIND OF MAGIC TOO.....thanx brother...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-02-28 18:30, Todd Robbins wrote:
In short, a metal glass is placed mouth down on a glass surface. The magician concentrates and the glass starts to move around the surface. It is available free at the Learned Pig website in that issue of the newsletter.

http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/

which book on the learned pig site is this in please? I cant find it...
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It is in the ezine they have there. VOL. 2, No. 6 on March 9, 2002.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ah! thank you mr. robbins..
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
I cant access the e-zine, am I to assume this is the ONLY available source for this genious effect!?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SECRET OF THE "SPIRIT GLASS" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL