We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Need help choosing balls... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I am going to be ordering a Little Don Chop Cup from RNTII in Copper and I wanted to know what color balls would go best with the cup. I use red for my copper PF's and people said that I should use brighter balls.

I'm just asking for opinions on the matter.

Thanks,
Uriel Nashofer
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
678 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Depends who "people" is. Reds tend to blend in with skin tone more and so you're less prone to flash accidentally. For distance (and on camera) whites are the most visible (part of the reason the Mike Rogers mini-baseballs are so popular)

Brett Sherwood has balls with silver strands woven in with the crocheting which causes them to sparkle glisten in the light, but they're quite expensive compared to other balls.

Of course, the correct answer is, it really isn't that important what colour the balls are.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I have six diferent colors,and still don't know what color works better (i don't even know what is my favotite)
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I still trying to figure out what would make a better color ball, so I end up collecting different colors, sizes, or strange objects that fit into the cup.

Try watching a C&B vid in B&W, would the color of the ball matter? I saw somebody do a great routine with fake mouses as final load, and somebody else used a cup full of diamonds as final load. The list goes on and on, so I guess the best thing is to discover what works best for you.

Have fun folks! Smile
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I went for white because I like the fact that no matter how shiny or patina'd I leave it, white will always be very visible. Another reason is because I do Dan Tong's routine which has a color change, and what better contrast is there from a white ball to a very dark ball?
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
691 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
I try and use white as much as possible, baseballs are the way I go.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It depends on the color of surface you are working on as well as the color of your clothes. Most of the time, white works very well, unless you are working on a white tablecloth.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I also take the material of the cups into consideration. I always used white balls with my Sherwood silvers, but a few months ago, I realized that red "pops" much better. White with copper, red with silver, and I always work on a black surface.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I have a few sets of Josh Riel's monkey fists in different colors and for me the green and blue are both pleasing to my eyes against copper (shiny or patina)! Bill makes an excellent point regarding the color of the working surface and clothes which has been discussed fairly recently! Search around in this section for those posts for some more view points!

Uriel,
You may as well get every color under the rainbow since based on what I'm seeing my friend, YOU ARE BECOMING A C&B JUNKIE! Do you know how many times my wife has heard: "Just one more set honey", "But I need these balls (or loads) to go with those cups", "Honest babe, I can quit anytime"! Smile

Mick
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The last three times I worked (Impomptu) I used wadded up aluminum foil, wadded up pieces of bread and wadded up chopstick wrappers. Someday I might bring a set of cups with me with balls... If so, I'd probably use the inside-out red baseballs Mike Rogers made for me (Inside out means rough suede-like finish)or the Riser monkey fists.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of dcjames
I have always thought that torgouise or light blue looks great against copper cups. Vibrant blue shades really pop against darker cups and are very visible.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
And they help one get in touch with one's feminine side.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I saw some of the balls by Pascaline Denis (hope I spelled that right) on eBay. I was thinking of ordering, but wanted to check the measurements.

You see, I have ordered balls in the past that say 1", but are actually significantly larger because the seller/manufacturer lists the size of the core, not including the fabric.

I messaged Pascaline, who told me that their measurements include the fabric.

Just an fyi that I hope may help someone who is considering ordering these balls. I hear they are excellent.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
691 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Quote:
On 2008-12-17 23:36, Bill Palmer wrote:
And they help one get in touch with one's feminine side.

Hahaha, That's the aside of the month. Thank you for that!

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13386 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Josh's Square balls are finally a reality.
For those that wanted to know...
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:
On 2008-12-18 00:39, Chessmann wrote:
I saw some of the balls by Pascaline Denis (hope I spelled that right) on eBay. I was thinking of ordering, but wanted to check the measurements.

You see, I have ordered balls in the past that say 1", but are actually significantly larger because the seller/manufacturer lists the size of the core, not including the fabric.

I messaged Pascaline, who told me that their measurements include the fabric.

Just an fyi that I hope may help someone who is considering ordering these balls. I hear they are excellent.

Chessmann, I can vouch for the fact that Pascaline's balls ARE excellent. They handle beautifully and look great.

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Need help choosing balls... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL