The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Credits for using the tent vanish as "invisible palm" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1244 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Who's the first to use the patter of "invisible palm" with the tent vanish? Was it Ed Marlo? Also, who's the first to do the "reveal" with the d***** card, in Open Travellers ( Invisible Palm .. etc )?

I'm asking because I just watched Marlo credit himself for both ideas. The first being in Seconds, Centers and Bottom, a routine called "Invisible Aces", where the performer claim having an invisible card in his hand.

The reveal, as he mentions, comes from Real Gone Aces.

I'd love to verify that.

Cheers,
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
"Finley, Arthur
(USA: fl.1920s-40s) Commercial artist in New York City. Amateur cardman by mid-1920s. One of the 5 original members of the New York "Inner Circle" by 1932. Invented (as pointed out by Busby) the Royal Marriages plot by 1941, the tent vanish sleight by 1941, the Cheek to Cheek method by 1948, & the Tilt Off Load used in Vernon's C&B routine.
[Bat8/46;Wat]"

As stated above (from Whaley's Who's) is credited with the Tent Vanish but I believe it was Larry Jennings who coined the patter with the Tent Vanish...but I may be mistaken.

Cardamagically,
Dom. Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Credits for using the tent vanish as "invisible palm" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL