The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a great final load? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I perform quite a bit and, for some time, have been using the C&B for my closer. My routine ended with the production of three lemons, but after a while, I just got tired of having to go buy lemons every time I had a show.

About 3 months ago, I picked up 3 of the 'Fab Fruit' pieces from Michael Ammar: a potato, a tomato, and a turnip (all three of which fit quite well with either of my two shows). Someone had mentioned once that they're kinda pricey, but if you're performing a lot, they'll pay for themselves: compare $45 once to .50c per lemon in just 30 shows...and the Fab Fruits aren't even beginning to wear yet! (Not to mention the occasion in which you'll forget that the real fruit's in your bag and then wonder 3 months later what the heck that smell is in there! YUCK!!) Plus, I love the fact that when the show's over, I just put them back in the Ziploc I keep them in (thanks to Billy McComb's advice) and it goes back in my bag: no rotten food to worry about!

Highly recommend these to anyone who uses fruit/veggies as a final load! (www.ammarmagic.com)
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Agreed... I did the same for my C&B loads...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Hey, Rick, I'm with you there...I've got two each of the Ammar lime, lemon, potato and one tomato. They're great quality and they load really well, and they're well worth it for saving you the bother of trying to find real fruit that's not too big and not too small...

Matter of fact, the Ammar people were great when I placed my last order. They were out of the limes (temporarily) and so sent me an old-stock "practice" lime. A bit nobblier than the others. Then, two weeks later, I received my real (fake) lime. That's great customer service.

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Same here, Geoffrey. I had an issue from my end on the payment that caused my order to delay. When I got it resolved and had the stuff delivered, they'd put an extra little "gift" inside for the trouble...and it wasn't their fault!

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The fruit is a nice idea. But I would like to add at least one liquid load. Maybe colored water representing it as Kool-Aid.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
How about using pebbles with a final load of sand?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Load a balloon full of liquid. Then you pick up with finger inside (tip has needle?)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I really meant a small drinking glass filled with liquid.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Someone needs to invent the opposite of slush powder..........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Baseball.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I use foam letters OWLN as a finale load. owln_1
mleskanic
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of mleskanic
I use sponge balls and then go into a sponge ball routine
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-12-23 19:44, Robert Kohler wrote:
Someone needs to invent the opposite of slush powder..........

Wars were won and lost over the opposite of slush powder.

It was invented a long time ago. Even before slush powder itself.

Salt!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Fab fruit I'm pretty sure are too small for even my small cups. Those de magi cups from south america.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The second generation fab fruit was designed to work with a smaller cup than those.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Ah, that explins it... I thought that the ones I ordered looked smaller than I rememberred seeing at a convention... So I am not going mad!? (well possibly but not from eating silicone fruit)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use smaller balls to start the routine and the final loads will look bigger Smile

SERIOUSLY, as Ken Brooke preached, "Size doesn't matter, it's the CHANGE."
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Wasn't there someone who was a huge proponent of using a potato as a final load. I distinctly remember reading, "There's just something funny about a potato."
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 00:58, Pete Biro wrote:
Use smaller balls to start the routine and the final loads will look bigger Smile

SERIOUSLY, as Ken Brooke preached, "Size doesn't matter, it's the CHANGE."

This is why I don't think I will ever bring myself to use those larger "load balls" as a final. By the same token, because I usually use Mike Rogers baseballs as the regular balls, I don't think I'll ever use regulation baseballs.

The size difference of a final load is only one shock. Use fruit or veggies and you've got not only a difference in size, but also shape, color, and substance.
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of aitchy
If I'm not useing fruit, I use balls of string.

Ive one inch red monkley fist balls, then standard sized balls of string (used glue to stop unwinding) then a very large ball of string for a hat load - I dyed them all together in red dye so they all look the same colour/color Smile and I like the natural progresion of a ball of string getting bigger.

but nothing is like 6 big oranges and a melon- if you've the jumbo cups/ pouch /space.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a great final load? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL