The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda clicking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
I have a good Scotch and Soda set that I have used a number of times (more than 10, less than 20), and I continue to get an audible "click" when the gimmick works. Anything to do about this? One of my club members has suggested slightly polishing the edges of the centavo gaff, but I'm hesitant to do this.

Is this something that will go away with use, or do I simply need to learn a new method?

Thanks!

Gill
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Try timing the click with a snap of the fingers and some patter.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Tap the table with the coin(s) at the key moment
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I had the same problem with my first set. I used to sit and watch TV while locking and unlocking the set of coins. That solved the problem. They just needed to be broken in.

I upgraded my set to a Johnson set. It took very little use to break it in. I gave my older set to a young relative who was interested in magic. Now were are both happy.
Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
I am going to try algebraic's method. A number of the effects won't allow for a snap of the fingers or a tap on the table, as they are either in hand only or involve both hands being otherwise occupied. They probably just need to be broken in.

Thanks for all the help.

Gill
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Do it outdoor. Never heard a thing with it.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Putting a piece of masking tape inside the [ helps with e-['s; maybe it will help with the S&S
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda clicking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL