The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Santa Surprise by Razamatazz Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I've just uploaded a short video of me doing Santa Surpise at a company Christmas party this afternoon.

Please take a look at the video: http://hk.youtube.com/user/bernardomagic

You can see what a visual delight this trick is! I can vouch for the same visual impact for Razamatazz's flagship effect - Rabbit Rampage.
drpop
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of drpop
Loved the video.

I have been using this prop in all my christmas shows and it is brilliant. The children really like it.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Nice job on the routine. The props are gorgeous. If that is a bend it wand you are using, have you tried holding the wand in the middle and as you wave the wand,push with your thumb and bend the wand at a right angle. The kids will go nuts. I love the wand, and the routine that comes with it, but it is very hard to get straightened back up.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Actually I was using Wolf Magic's Wacky Wand - which is crazily bent at the strange angles that you see in the video.Its a great sight gag - but unfortunately, its shape cannot be altered during the course of the routine. So I usually just hold it and stare at it in a confused way - that gets a laugh from the kids. When I do my linking rings routine, I give the wand to a kid to 'hit' the rings, then after he/she hits the rings (usually with considerable force), I do a double-take and remark along the lines of "Now I know how the wand got like this!"- this throwaway line normally gets another laugh.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Wow, nice. Thanks for sharing your work.
mr shiney
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of mr shiney
Nice job lovely prop
It would be nice to how the power to mute all the grown ups in the background they were loud!
Best Job in the world

Mr Shiney
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I agree...the adults were extrememly noisy and non-stop in the background. Thank goodness for a loud hotel mic! But I guess the sound quality didn't come across very well in the video. But those are some of the sub-optimum conditions we have to work under sometimes!
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Very nice routine. Loved the props, very visual. Good reaction from you about the wand. I agree about the adults but hey what can you do sometimes it is just like that.

Steven
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks for all the kind comments - the performing conditions were rather tough and the adults were noisy - to say the least. Also the kids ranged from 2-12 yrs old - and I'm happy to say that Santa Surprise got a great reation from all of them.
Those of you on the fence, I WAs going to say 'get it NOW!' - but now I guess you have another 11 months to procrastinate! But if you get the sister feect - Rabbit Rampage - you can have similar reactions all year round!!!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2008-12-23 07:03, magicbern wrote:
... But if you get the sister feect - Rabbit Rampage - ...

OOPS! The spelling gremlins caught me! I meant EFFECT!
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Hey Bern, Thanks for the look, you did a great job with it. I noticed you had a little issue turning over and opening the cards, do they kind of stick together b/c they are glossy?
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
351 Posts

Profile of magicone
NICE... glad to see a new Santa effect on the market that is sooo nice.

I have to get the Rabbit Rampage! Thanks for the video
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
Very nice. Loved the ending.
<BR>Mikey M.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks to those of you who took time to watch the video and comment. To answer Moonrazor's question: yes, the cards' glossiness make it a bit hard to turn over the cards. Also perhaps because its a relatively new routine, therefore I'm still not 100% well-versed in the mechanics! Although it's workings are similar to Farmyard Frolics and Pet Store Pranks, but the size and the glossiness takes a bit of getting used to!

Also, as Gadfly 71 commented, the ending is really visual and lends a bit of logic and closure to the original routine by Edwin et al. Also, you can see that the vanish is quite deceptive, even at close range.

And as Magicone said, it is a great idea to get rabbit Rampage for year-round fun! Then you can save Santa Surprise for the Christmas season. Do support Andy and Sue of Razamatazz Magic - they're genuinely nice and professional people to deal with!
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
Nice Job! Thanks for the Razamatazz website, I had not been on it. I just checked it out. I would sure like to see pictures of the "Magic Sweet Factory". Do you know when they will show pictures of it?
Jerry Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Santa Surprise by Razamatazz Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL