The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Hi all

I've read some comments here regarding the outdated nature of the Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnotism. It causes me some grief that this book is being discouraged as reading. The new Ronning book is being said to be it's replacement. I have no problem with that book, I just think that the Ormond McGill book is a treasure and shouldn't be overlooked by anyone who has a serious interest in Stage Hypnosis.

It is true that some parts are very outdated, and some contain dangerous methods, but even those parts are great because they are a history lesson. Plus, who can dispute the use of the great section on various methods of hypnotizing people.

I'm not saying it's the be all end all. I just can't believe that it's being discouraged. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is that this book has served the test of time and should be part of any serious hypnotists library.

Sorry for the rant

Ian
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19492 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would not discourage it but the dangerous parts, are what become troubling.

Dated I can work with, no problem.

I don't know any book can "replace" it as much as simply add to each other.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Very true,

Every book you get will help add. Of course my true belief is that you should learn from an instructor.

My previous post inspired me to pick the Encyclopedia up again. I think even after all these years I still learn something every time I pick it up

Ian
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19492 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is great work without doubt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jon Dee
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Jon Dee
I bought the encyclopedia when I first became interested in hypnosis and found it to be to deep for me. After live training and mentorship and many many home study courses I now find it much easier to swallow and full of very valuable jewels. I do not think it replaces live training and a good mentor though.

Jon
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1336 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
The dangerous techniques are accompanied by warnings that they are best avoided.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL