The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to buy thimbles? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
Every time I contact a magic store, they are out of thimbles. Anyone know any place besides a magic store to buy the plastic thimbles? All I can find at my local fabric stores are the metal ones.
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I use metal ones I bought from a fabric shop. There was a number of sizes and I could try them on to match each finger. They even nest.

You could paint them or put a thin piece of tape around the base if you don't like the metal look.
Eddie
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I have the Fakini thimbles in bright pink, with a neon green one for a color change, along with a jumbo finale in green for the big finish. I love the feel of them! They are bigger than a "normal" thimble, but the colors are killer! Very bright and eye catching. I got them through http://www.dennymagic.com and highly recommend them. Best of luck,
Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I would stay away from the "Universal Thimble Set". It was highly reviewed and is for all intents and purposes very well made. However, the simple fact that the thimbles don't nest at all was the killer drawback for me...ergo, they sit in a chest, not being used.

My first set was made of plastic that I found individually at a fabric store. They served me well for years.

I don't do a thimble routine right now, for a variety of reasons.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Steven
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
You can find some inexpensive thimbles at Daytona magic ... around $15.00 for a plastic set with different color thimbles. Smile
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Yep, the Vernet Set: 16 thimbles, 8 white and 4 pairs of red, blue, green, and yellow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to buy thimbles? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL