The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 92 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
That would be cool. I have to curb my UFC spending or at least share the bill with someone. lol!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
A friend just told me that as we speak papers are being drawn up for Frank and Ken Shamrock to fight each other. Anyone know if this is true?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay, I saw a commercial and there is a guy who is nick named "The Axe Murderer". Who exactly did this poser kill with an axe? I think it is a name he made up sitting around with his buddies. They tossed out name "The Chiller Diller Killer", "The Rappin' Raptor", "That's Right He Said Your Momma", "The Speed Limit Violator" until he found one he thought was cool. I say you need to earn an nick name not just pick one. If he really did kill someone with an axe I apologize.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
It's kind of like Rocky with the nickname "Italian Stallion". I believe he said he made it up himself over dinner one night.

Silva could murder about 99 percent of the populas with his bare hands, so I don't know why they call him the Axe Murderer. I also hear outside of the octagon his a teddy bear.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Semi-false alarm on the Shamrock/Shamrock thing. They might fight yet for all I know. But the article my buddy read was from October and it looks like at the time a fight was shaping up for Elite XC. And we all know what happened to Elite XC.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I'd like to see that Pulver vs Faber 2 fight coming up. Xenu, I hate Faber...
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I don't "hate" him. But I was happy when Mike Brown took him down.

Here is a question. It is said that fighters get old in one night. Did Silva, Nogueria and Griffin "get old" on Saturday Night? Have we seen the best, if not the last, of these guys? Especially in the UFC where they crank through fighters?
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 09:10, Vandy Grift wrote:
Here is a question. It is said that fighters get old in one night. Did Silva, Nogueria and Griffin "get old" on Saturday Night? Have we seen the best, if not the last, of these guys? Especially in the UFC where they crank through fighters?

I don't think Silva or Griffin got old overnight - I think both of them got caught. Nog, however looked to be a bit out of shape (compared to when he fought in Pride) and has actually looked a bit lackluster in his first two UFC fights, although he won them. Heath Herring should have ended the fight when he dropped Nog with a kick to the head but he let him up. Nog got dropped by Sylvia before he found the guillotine. Nog was apparently injured but did anyone question his age when they showed him to be 32 years old?

Also, I think chuck Liddell got old overnight - his partying certainly seems to have taken some effect on him.
ME
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Good points. I will be watching Silva and Nog closely because they both have been in so many wars. Griffin has too but not as much as those guys coming from Pride. I do tend to agree about Minatauro. I love the guy but he has been through the mill.

Wandy got knocked cold and as they mentioned on the broadcast, it does seem that once a guy gets knocked cold once, it becomes more likely that he could get KTFO with each fight after that.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I think that Wandy got old a few fights ago. I think he's on the same page as Chuck. I do believe that Forrest and Wandy got caught, Forrest more so though. Wandy didn't look that great. He had very little movement, was planting his feet here and there... Same with Nog. He got LUCKY in his last fight against Herring and Tim. And I think that showed against Mir, he got dropped twice. Not Forrest though, I do believe he got caught. He was doing very very well with those leg kicks and the effects were showing on Rashad.

See you space cowboy...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I agree. I think Forrest is probably still fine. But I worry about the other two. So many miles on them, so many wars.

It seemed like in Pride and some of the other organizations fighters can get destroyed and come back and get good fights and even get back on a winning track. But I'm not sure it's that way in the UFC. Seems like in the UFC if you have a bad fight or two they start pushing you towards the door.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Moral Dilemma!!

Two of my friends also bought the fights and had problems with the HD broadcast. They called and complained and got their money returned no questions asked. I didn't have any problems but I could probably call and get my money back as well. We all have the same cable provider.

My shady side said "do it, do it" but I figured what the heck, it was great night of fights. I danced the tune so I might as well pay the piper. I got my moneys worth.

I'm such an angel but I may be giving the Grift family a bad name buy not taking advantage of such a sure thing. LOL!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well it seemed like in PRIDE they really didn't care about how much someone won or lost fights, but if there were entertaining or not doing so.

See you space cowboy...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I get them all mixed up, but it seems that way with a lot of them. Take K-1. I don't know all that much about K-1 but it seems like everytime I saw K-1 I would see "CroCop", Peter Aerts, Jerome Le banner, all those guys.

I'm not really knocking the UFC. Obviously they don't WANT to be K-1, or Pride or Pancrase. Just an observation I guess.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Two great cards this month but I don't think I will be ordering either. Definately not tommorows because I won't be home to watch it. Any predictions?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Time to make Vandy jealous.

The bar right down the street here broadcasts the fights for free! Gotta love Mexico.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I AM jealous. The fights are expemsive and there are a bunch of events this month. At least there are a couple of free ones. (Get to see Hiromitsu Muira, one of my faves, free in a WEC event). And I DEARLY want to se GSP vs BJ Penn. I'll have to see about that one.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
We always get together with students for the PPVs. I am looking forward to watching Hendo fight again tomorrow night. The Affliction card next weekend should be a good card as well. 5 of my guys are fighting on an amateur card the same day so it looks like we will be watching it on the DVR.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
5 of your guys? What are you in to Aaron, are you a martial arts instructor?
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
I own a Mixed Martial Arts / Combatives gym here in Lexington KY. I also teach firearms, edged weapons, and H2H seminars here in the states and internationally.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 92 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL