The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Canes and candles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I am trying to incorperate canes and candles into my dove act. My question is: Is there any good reference materials or can someone put me in the right direction regarding body loading and stealing canes and candles during a performance? I appreciate all of your time and help.

Take care,

Bryan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would get Fantasio's book. Duane Laflin's sequencing dvd is also good food for thought.

Also if you can find them the Dove Encyclopedias are a good reference.

richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I too will say that fantasio and Duanes stuff both offer a plethora of insights and ideas.

what you will not find out there is specific details on loading candles on your person or even in props. most of what is out there shows the vanishing candles and many ways to do so.

Michael P Lair also has a video out and can not seem to rember the name of it right now. it did however have some neat ideas on it using fantasio canes.

hope this helps

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
thurstonlives
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of thurstonlives
Michael P Lair is a great resource in candles, he also is an expert doing the effects much more beautiful adding flash, sparkles, confetti and much more...

Highly recommended!

D
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
Michael's DVD is called Candles. It is a great reference. Fantasio also has one called Lecturing Live at the Magic Castle. Fantasio's book also has tons of good information.
The is also a booklet by Bill Robinson called Stage Magic 102 Canes and Candles.
I make most of my own holders for body loading which seem to function very well.

Jim
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Thanks for all of the good information. I will definately look into all of it. So it is my understanding that there is nothing out there as far as reference material covering loading candels and canes on your person or props? If anyone comes up with something, please let me know. I appeciate all of your help.

Take care

Bryan
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
The Stage Magic 102 Canes and Candles booklet does show how to load the items in the coat and the types of holders he uses. The pictures are not real clear as it appears as if the book was made on a copy machine. I have used these methods for quite a few years. Once you see the basics you will be able to alter the holder designs and locations to match your needs.
Regards,
Jim
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Thanks for everything

Take care,

Bryan
ting
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of ting
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 12:52, Jim Stan Magic Man wrote:
The Stage Magic 102 Canes and Candles booklet does show how to load the items in the coat and the types of holders he uses. The pictures are not real clear as it appears as if the book was made on a copy machine. I have used these methods for quite a few years. Once you see the basics you will be able to alter the holder designs and locations to match your needs.
Regards,
Jim

The Book seems great..
Anyone know where can I get one?

Anson
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I bought mine here:

http://www.magicbookshop.com

Take care,

Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Canes and candles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL