The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Now this is the way (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
No fair. He must have practiced.

All kidding aside, that was a great routine from a master rope-ologist!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17116 Posts

Profile of joseph
Excellent rope routine...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
He does in the beginning of his act, what I do in the middle. Those moves validate some of my own stranger moves. My magic hat is off to him. I have to dig out his rope lecture. He had appeared at Tannens convention in the late 70's early 80's.
What thrills me is the opener, Pete. Wasn't there another vintage video I found for you that started that way? Fred kaps maybe? It was in a thread a few months ago.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I forget... too much magic too short on brain capacity... Yes Takagi-san was a master of all he did. He was the head of the Japanese equivilant of our Library of Congress. And a great host on one of my visits to Japan. Also a MASTER of the thumb tie.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
That was a great routine!
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
I'd love to see footage of Kaps performing any rope routines.
Mr. Biro, is there any you might be aware of?

Thanks by the way for the Takagi-san material, it's always great to see those masters.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Excelent routine. Loved it.

Steven
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
No video on Kaps' rope work that I know of. IN his layman act he did a basic Professor's nightmare - don't know the patter as I only saw him do it in Dutch. (His lay act also included Spot Card, Chinese Sticks, Smoking Thumb and Salt Pour). He used the hard manip stuff for magicians.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Fred's routine is, I think, in his Ken Brooke's lecture notes. Nothing fancy.
There was a video sold by Joe Stevens Magic Emporium where Takagi-San was explaining his routine I think it is in the Rope Teach In series.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I do know that Bongers (Kaps) used to get tremendous LAUGHS performing in his home language. I saw him work in clubs and theaters in Holland and the USA (for Dutch clubs) and his layman act was simple, as noted above, but incredibly funny. Wish I knew what he was saying.

I will have to go thru the lecture notes that I wrote for Fred, I forget what all was in there, but I don't think the rope handling was.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Pete, thanks for that Takagi clip.

I've read the routine in the Kaufman book
but great to see it.

I think Mac King based his on a similar premise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Now this is the way (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL